Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
neha_sharma9716

Wall color with Grey cabinets

Neha
5 years ago

Hi, we selected Grey cabinets for our new construction. Combination in the pictures. For the wall colors we decided to go with the default 'SW Natural choice' wall color that builder gave. After the cabinets were installed, we are not liking the combination. Floors still need to be installed. Thinking of getting the walls painted. But we are torn in selecting a good color. This is our 1st hime and have no experience. Need help with some advice!! I am thinking of just going with white...

Comments (11)

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Would you take a pix of just the gray cabinet door? I am seeing a purple undertone…which is good if the kitchen is getting North light.

Floors…right now what you have chosen controls a lot. What did you choose? Please post photo, as well.

What in photo below do you “own”?

Ia

• Neha
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Yeah kitchen is North facing..some more pics of the grey cabinets

• Neha
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Tile is Esta Villa Garden white. https://www.daltile.com/products/tile/esta-villa

• Neha
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    The white hex tile is the backsplash, below it is the quatz for the island and countertop.
  • Stephanie Anderson
    5 years ago

Have you thought about walls 1-3 shades darker than the gray cabinets on the color strip?

• Neha
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    I thought about that a bit. But, i lean more towards a bright living area. Also, since we dont have much experience with colors, kind of afraid to go towards the darker grays.
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I am suggesting B.M. Collingwood. It is a good contrast with the gray cabinets. I found an inspiration photo for your kitchen. It shows how to balance your colors. Notice the prints on the wall. Find something like these, to tie in with the white in the hex tile.

• cat_ky
    5 years ago

Is the hex style installed yet? If not, I would return it for a color that blends in with your countertops a bit more. The white tile is what is throwing everything off. Its too stark white for your kitchen. I love the gray color on your cabinets.

• Neha
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks Judy and Cat_ky. I checked with the builder and they cannot change anything now..So probably have to live with the hex tile for sometime. I loved the BM Collingwood, looks pretty nice, i will get a sample for it and try..however, i am still leaning white. Sorry, but would BM decorators white look really bad??
  • Neha
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I got some poster boards and painted them with BM Gray owl and BM Decorators White. Held them against the cabinets. Here are the pics. I now understand that I need to go towards a Grey. I will bring BM Collingwood samples. Thanks Judy. What would be an equivalent color in Sherwin Williams?