Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rahrahdecorate

Wall art/decor dilemma

rahrahdecorate
5 years ago
The Living Area in my home (LR/DR/Foyer is one contiguous space) calls out for large art — the whole space measures 20 x24 feet and the ceilings are 22 feet at their peak.

When decorating, I try to repurpose what I already own before buying new. But I have always lived in much smaller homes, so my art tends to be small. And buying new isn’t easy - my husband and I have different tastes and bigger art costs bigger money. So, I’m exploring other options/ideas from you, dear Houzz readers!

At present I am focused on finding a place to hang a decorative plate (14” diameter). The painted plate is one I’ve long admired hanging in my aunt’s home. It is made in Italy and the colors are completely complementary to my furnishings. Last visit auntie made to my house — she brought the plate with her. Sweet!

Pictured here are the plate and three walls where I have considered hanging the plate - I might get away with just the plate on the green wall (?) but the other walls will require more stuff - what do you suggest?

For reference .... Photo 1: the part of the DR wall pictured here is 5-feet wide. The china closet is 7 feet high. Photo 2: the wall in the foyer (5-feet of wall to the left of mirror; 3-feet of wall to the right of mirror). Photo 3: another wall in the dining room, this one is painted a dark grayish green (I will note the precise S&W paint name in the comments if anyone is curious. It is a great color - if you like greens, as I do!) Photo 4: The plate, 14” diameter.

Thank you for helping me!!

Comments (4)