Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ellen214

LG Viatera Lento or Caesarstone Symphony Grey

Ellen
5 years ago

Upcoming kitchen remodel. We will have cabinets painted in SW Dover White. We are looking at two gray quartz options for counters - LG Viatera Lento or Caesarstone Symphony Grey. We have samples of each and have seen a 1/2 slab of Symphony Grey on display. Haven't seen the Lento in large size yet, just the sample. They are very different grays from each other. I think we need to stay with a "warm" gray, because Dover White is considered warm. I'm sure Symphony is warm, but not so sure if Lento is. It seems cooler than Symphony, but the sample still looks good against my painted Dover White board. Thoughts? Thanks.

Comments (12)

• Ellen
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Hi CK Hoffman... Thanks for your reply? Why does Caesarstone get your vote? Because of the color? Or brand? And would the Symphony Grey go with either SW Dover White OR Alabaster? I love Dover White, but we are painting more poster boards this morning in Alabaster. Might want to be a little less yellow.

• 94nyrangers
    5 years ago

What did you end up using? I am looking at the Symphony Grey with Alabaster.

• Ellen
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

94nyrangers... we actually have changed entirely! we are also doing Alabaster cabinets and I think the symphony grey looks great with it. But we are going with Caesarstone Bianco Drift! It's mainly a light gray with some nice veins of white and beigy gray. it's a lot lighter than symphony tho. I did want a little more contrast, but designer suggested the other for various reasons for our kitchen. We will get our contrast in the backsplash.

• Kat
    5 years ago

We used Bianco Drift in our kitchen with white cabinets (BM Chantilly Lace) and it makes me happy every day - best decision we made! https://www.houzz.com/photos/a-traditional-kitchen-with-a-casual-beachy-vibe-traditional-kitchen-new-york-phvw-vp~107154533

• 94nyrangers
    5 years ago

Ellen: Does the Bianco Drift have too much white running thru it to go with Alabaster? I'm worried about it being too cool vs the warm cabinet color. They are installing the cabinets right now and they definitly look more on the yellow side of cream. Bianco Drift was always our first choice but now Cambria Berwyn is in entering the game. Not to offend anyone, but does Bianco Drift look a little like formica?

K Furr: Wow! Beautiful kitchen!

• Kat
    5 years ago
    Thanks! Here are some more photos of the BD in natural light today including next to Chantilly Lace cabinets and utensil crock which is more off white.
  • Ellen
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    94nyrangers, I've only seen a half slab of Bianco Drift and I have a smaller sample here at home. I think the sample looks good with my sample board of Alabaster. we WERE gonna do Dover White bit it's definitely yellow compared with Alabaster. I think Bianco looks warm because of the brownish veins in it.
  • Ellen
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    K Furr, thanks for the photos. Beautiful!
  • Tl Howard
    5 years ago

No, BD doesn't not remind me or anyone else who has seen the sample of it of Formica. i have a sample of Berwyn and it's too busy for my small kitchen. It's beautiful in the pics of it in large kitchens, common, I think of most of Cambria's collection (that is, until they started adding whites and veined quartzes.) If Berwyn looked like it does in my car or my garage (swirls of gray mostly), I'd love it, but in my house, a pink color emerges for reasons I just can't explain. I love BD and plan to go with it. It's a peaceful gray with enough movement to be interesting.

I am in the process of investigating backsplash possibilities. Anyone have a good choice for that?

• Ellen
    Original Author
    5 years ago

TI, we are trying g to choose a backsplash now. much harder than I thought it would be. we are going to go with a warm gray crackle subway tile. just not sure which one. we found some one thru home Depot we like and another from floor & decor.

• Mary Trent
    5 years ago

Ellen, would love to see your finished counter, cabs, and backsplash when you're done. I'd also like to know if your off-white alabaster works with BD. I am probably going with Schrock cabs and the off-white just doesn't seem to do much for the BD so I may have to go with the white.