Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barbperessini

What door style, wood type and color is the island?

barbperessini
5 years ago
Traditional Kitchen with Urban Effects Cabinetry · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Urban Effects Cabinetry
    5 years ago

Hello,

In response to your great question about this kitchen island, the door style is called Yorkshire, and the wood material is Maple. The color of the island is called Rye; however, this color has since been discontinued, but we have very comparable color options called Sand and Husk. We can also do custom stain colors to get the exact finish you are looking for.

Feel free to let us know if you have more questions! Thank you very much.

• barbperessini
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks so much! I'm am ordering your cabs through a retailer in Oregon. I've been trying to find a picture of them in Maple Husk with Midnight glaze. I chose the Maple Husk with Black glaze in your Norcraft line and like it very much. It seems that the Maple Husk with Midnight glaze in the UE line is a bit lighter though? I would be fine with that, but was hoping to see a picture of it somewhere before ordering! I'm hoping my salesman while be able to send me some pictures of his samples so that I can at least see what they look like side by side. I selected the Norcraft line before we left the state but now think I would prefer the Urban Effects frameless. That is why I did not get to see samples in the UE line. Thanks for any help you can give me.

• PRO
    Urban Effects Cabinetry
    5 years ago

Hello,

Thank you very much for your message and inquiry. It sounds like you have selected some great cabinets! Yes, it is very helpful to see photos and/or samples before ordering; that is very smart. I have done a search through our library of images that we have of our Urban Effects line, but we do not have any photos of Maple Husk with the Midnight glaze. I will however reach out to some of my colleagues to double check in case they may have something. I likely won't be able to find out until tomorrow as our internal email system is currently down and has been all morning, but I'll be sure to touch base with you again tomorrow with an update.

Thank you very kindly.

• PRO
    Urban Effects Cabinetry
    5 years ago

Good morning,

We wanted to get back to you regarding your earlier inquiry. I reached out to my colleagues who also have access to a photo library, and unfortunately they do not have any images of cabinetry in Maple Husk with a Midnight glaze either. Our apologies that we do not have any photos matching this description that we can send to you. However, we can offer you some information and helpful tips!

We would highly recommend to either ask the salesperson and/or the retailer you were dealing with to provide you with some physical samples. These can be ordered by your salesperson and they aren't expensive. (It goes a long way to ensure you are happy with the final result). We also like to suggest to people to take the samples home and try them out in the lighting that is in that room. The lighting in a showroom is very different than lighting in a home, and it can change the look of the color and shade.

As well, we would encourage you to ask the retailer or salesperson about the pros and cons regarding the construction of each line of cabinetry between Norcraft and Urban Effects. The way these cabinets are constructed is quite different and gives a different look when installed. Both the framed and open-access styles of cabinets are great, it just depends on the function and look you want to achieve. Open-access does provide more storage room and some people say they are also easier to clean and wipe down from the inside, but if your salesperson can give you details on both, I think it will help in the decision making process. Cabinets are a big investment and we always want customers to be extremely satisfied with the end result.

Feel free to let us know if you have other questions, and hopefully this information proves helpful.

Thank you, and have a great day!

The Urban Effects team