Your shopping cart is empty.
swampy6

Reviews wanted on vinyl flooring planks

swampy6
March 14, 2019

Putting "luxury vinyl planks" in our new (to us) home. Leaning toward either "Finnish Pine" by Southwind, or "Asheville" by Happy Feet International. They both have 20 mil wear layers; Asheville has a cork back, but Finnish Pine is a WPC product. I THINK they're pretty comparable - waiting on price & delivery availability. Would love any input or experience anyone has with either company, good or bad. Thanks!!

Comment (1)

• Kitty Lanier

No experience with either of those. You might want to do a Google search for SPC versus WPC plank flooring, and read about the differences between the two types. SPC has a limestone and plastic core which makes it less susceptible to denting and expansion and contraction. WPC has a wood and plastic core which makes it more susceptible to denting and expansion and contraction.

Editing to add-A quick google search shows me that the Southwind product is a WPC and the Happy Feet product is an SPC with an aluminum oxide finish which is very scratch resistant, and it has a 30 mil wear layer which is also very good. The Southwind product has a 20 mil wear layer with a urethane finish which is not as tough as the aluminum oxide. Of the two, I personally would choose the Happy Feet flooring.

Congratulations on your new home and best of luck in choosing your new flooring.

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).