Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindy_keifer22

Sink Color with Cambria Brittanica Gold Quartz Countertop?

Cynthia Keifer
5 years ago
I am trying to decide what color Blanco Granite Sink to use with Cambria Brittanica Gold Quarts Countertop and light/medium Maple Cabinets: Cafe Brown (darkest), Truffle (medium), or Biscuit (lightest - off white). Please help?

Comments (31)

• Cynthia Keifer
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Here is the countertop with my cabinets.
  • Cynthia Keifer
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Here are the faucets I’m trying to choose from (stainless steel or bronze). Which one? Help? I do believe that I will be changing the hardware to bronze.
  • Cynthia Keifer
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Any ideas for backsplash? I was thinking either 2x4 travertine tiles or a glass mosaic that looks like shells?

I do have a wine cabinet in kitchen with the back in stacked stone (more of a scabos travertine) and will likely do the front of the bar to match).
  • Cynthia Keifer
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    I saw this for backsplash too, but maybe too much.
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    5 years ago

Light colored quartz sinks stain easily. I would get cast iron or stainless instead.

• Cynthia Keifer
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you Tqtqbw! That makes sense! Here are a few pictures of the countertop. I was just concerned that it might look too white/beige, since there is quite a bit of creaminess without the amber color running through it. You still think the same after seeing these pics?
  • Cynthia Keifer
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you Zalco! Is the Blanco Granite sink a quartz sink?

I’m gonna take a look at the cast iron sink. I don’t think I’ve seen one.

I had the cafe brown previously and no problems, but I was actually concerned about the lighter colored sinks looking dirty and staining.
  • Sherry Vetter
    2 years ago

I know it has been a while since you posted this but I am in the same position you were in a few years back. I don’t know if I should go with blanco biscuit sink or stainless. I am concerned with the staining. I currently have the blanco cafe brown and love it. But you can see any imperfections. Can I see some pics of what you decided to use. I am also getting that Brittanica gold counters

• Cynthia Keifer
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I will post pics later today. I ended up going with britanica and a dark gray blanco sink.

• Sherry Vetter
    2 years ago

Thank you. I appreciate it!!

• joycedjay
    2 years ago

I prefer a sink that is close to the counter color. The dark one will look like a big black hole.

• joycedjay
    2 years ago

And keep your backsplash simple. Those mosaics fight with the gorgeous countertop - it is the boss of your kitchen!

• Sherry Vetter
    2 years ago

I am using a gold faucet and I agree with simple backsplash. But I am trying to decide whether I want to risk the problems with the staining and scratching of a granite sink or should I just play it safe with stainless steel. My appliances will be stainless. Some of the kitchen stores have said that the light colored granite sinks are hard to maintain. I do like the cafe brown that I have now with my granite counter. It truly hides everything but I would not consider using it with the Britannia gold.

• Cynthia Keifer
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I ended up going in another directions after deciding to replace cabinets at the last minute.

• felizlady
    2 years ago

Truffle.

• Cynthia Keifer
    Original Author
    2 years ago

If I were still doing the Brittanica Gold, I think I would go with the Truffle Silgranite Sink (color patch is posted in one of my comments above). I would also “maybe” consider a copper.

• Cynthia Keifer
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Truffle is the middle one and would be my choice too. :)

• Sherry Vetter
    2 years ago

Thanks so much for the pics your kitchen is beautiful!!

• Elyse Nason
    2 years ago

Did you have any issues with matching seams in your countertop?

• Cynthia Keifer
    Original Author
    2 years ago

No. You should be able to view it digitally before they install. It’s not “perfect”, but it’s really not noticeable.

• HU-434756251
    last year

What color sink did you decide on?

• Cynthia Keifer
    Original Author
    last year

I ended up going in a different direction (see pictures in comments). I bought the dark grey (cinder - I believe), but I went with the Brittanica (white with grey veins) counter top.

• Yesenia Martinez
    last year

beutiful!

• PRO
    FrameMyMirror
    last year

We bet this finished project will be stunning!

• Cynthia Keifer
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you. The finished project (photos) are posted above in the comments. It was finished approx. 3 years ago. :)

• HU-434756251
    last year

I have ordered the brittanica gold with medium dark cabinets. The light fixtures in the house are bronze but my appliances will be stainless. Trying to decide on bronze faucets with a stainless sink. I am going bronze hardware. This picture I found on Pinterest shows what I am looking at. I am thinking stainless for the faucet like here.

• Cynthia Keifer
    Original Author
    last year

I personally think you could go any way you want with your faucet (stainless steel, bronze, or even gold). It's just a matter of preference, but I just wouldn't mix the bronze and gold hardware. The brushed nickel and stainless steel seem to be the most versatile in my opinion.

• HU-434756251
    last year

I think I am going stainless faucet . Thanks for your input!

• Carlene Madigan
    8 months ago

Ive heard even a really good stainless steel sink scratches and is hard to keep clen. The blanco composite are suppose to be stain free and scratch free. Any advice from someone who has had the blanco sink? Im thinking of truffle with cambria brittanica gold warm.

• Cynthia Keifer
    Original Author
    8 months ago

I’ve have two Blanco sinks and love them both (going on 5th year). My colors are the darker grey and chocolate brown.