Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rachellevy1028

Help!! looking to decorate family room space

rachellevy1028
5 years ago
Looking to revamp and get a new rug and coffee table. Also, need wall art. Possible console for behind sofa. Any ideas and help are appreciated. Ty

Comments (12)

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

take some other photos standing on the far wall behind the sofa (shoot toward fireplace). those pan shots distort everything.

is this a tv room, play room, sitting room or all? Looks like the party is happening down on the FP side. everything is over there.

a better layout is needed here.

what if you rotated the sofa to the right one quarter? long part goes against bare wall. can you try that and take another picture?

would look somewhat like this if you rotated it. you could do art, or these shelves on that wall

Or, move the tv to bare wall and turn your sectional to face that wall. Basically lay it out like in this pic (except where the black cab is will be your large wall w/the tv and console below it)
    another visual aid

you'll need some larger art. you'll have to pick something since it's too personal .

i like your light, but you really need something that hangs lower (your ceilings are high)

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 years ago

My first question is why is the tv way over there above the fireplace? Why not have it on the wall across from the sofa? Add a swivel chair to that side, a round coffee table or ottoman. In reality, the sofa is just way too big for that space and in an ideal world I would sell it and swap it for a 3 seat sofa and two chairs. then you could really master two spaces here well. But I really think the tv needs to be moved

On the other side, loose the small white rug, if you want try an abstract shape.

Face the chairs to the fireplace.

Add two low bookshelves on either side of the fireplace with baskets to collect all the toys and have a place to store them

Before you pick final touches I think the space itself needs to be settled. Its all very nice stuff but I'm not sure it fits your needs now.

• rachellevy1028
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    The pic is distorted. It was a panoramic pic. The room is not as big as the pic makes it seem. It’s long and narrow and the set up is pretty much what I have to work with ♀️
  • Kendrah
    5 years ago

I would start by moving the sectional 1/4 turn to the right to it is facing more to the open side of the room instead of looking at the wall. Moving furniture is free. Try that first then post new pictures.

• PRO
    Poovi Art
    5 years ago

Maybe one of these original artworks would add some texture and contrast to your wall. Here are some ideas to ponder. Good luck and enjoy decor !

To check more unique collections please visit my shop -

http://www.pooviartgallery.com

Red black abstract painting · More Info

Abstract touch · More Info

Abstract touch · More Info

Mixed media artworks · More Info

• rachellevy1028
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Here are some more pics and room plan so you can maybe get a better idea of what I’m working with.
  • auntthelma
    5 years ago

I see two rooms trying to be one. The tv is too far away from the couch. I’d put the tv on the wall in the sofa area to the left of the opening.

Then a pair of chairs in front of the fireplace.

OR move the sectional over to face the fireplace and tv and create either a sitting room, play room or dining room where the sofa is now.

• PRO
    MARGARITA BRAVO
    5 years ago

We think you have a great space to work with, but the TV is much too far from the sectional. Is it possible to move it to the blank wall near the sectional and add a TV console underneath? Then you could add art above the fireplace. Note the TV console in one of our designs pictured below.

Downtown Townhouse · More Info

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 years ago

Seeing the new pictures shows me exactly what I thought. Adding throw pillow and artwork is not going to give you the cohesion and finishing touches, because the room will still appear disjointed.

a. move the tv

b. reposition the chairs

c. add some low bookshelves by fireplace

d. then pick artwork and decor.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 years ago

• Arthur Marchal
    5 years ago

Hello, I advise you to go to the HomeByMe website. You will be able to find lots of inspiration and also test new features for your living room. For example look at this project : https://home.by.me/fr/projet/dianesar/penthouse-haussman

Have a nice day