Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pugmomma3

Curtain ideas for master bedroom closet

P O
4 years ago
Hi! I am hanging a curtain to hide some unsightly shelving with my husband’s audio equipment and other stuff at the entrance to my walk in closet and my bathroom. Should I do plain white? A yellow print? A yellow and white print? All suggestions pls. Thanks!

Comments (21)

• katinparadise
    4 years ago

I would keep it simple with plain white.

• P O
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    Thank you so much for the advice!!
  • suzyq53
    4 years ago

We had a space like that and I purchased a natural roller shade to hang from the ceiling to the floor.

• P O
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    Why do you think a curtain won’t look good?
  • P O
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    I also want the curtain to hide the audio equipment
  • tatts
    4 years ago

What do you like? Buy that. Don't like your first choice? Return it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Is there any simpler decision to make than this? Only you and your husband will ever see it. Do whatever you want. This is a really simple decision with no consequences.

Just go to the store and buy something; you could have had it all done by now.

• P O
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    Thanks for all the ideas! So i put up a plain white curtain but it’s from Amazon basics and nice but all wrinkled. It says to line dry. Should i wash it and just keep it on the rod and let it air dry and will that get out the wrinkles?
  • PRO
    Susan Tiritilli
    4 years ago
    I like the idea of wicker baskets too. The curtain looks makeshift.
  • suzyq53
    4 years ago

Try spraying it with water and use a blow dryer. Or take it down and iron it.

• Angel 18432
    4 years ago

Yes take it down and iron it.

• Mrs Pete
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Admittedly, I totally stink at color ... I like yellow and gray, but that yellow and that gray aren't friends. I'd like to see some color in this bathroom; maybe the pales of the pale blues?

I don't particularly like the concept of a curtain for this closet ... I think that idea works for a larger closet door, but not this one ... this one looks like a shower curtain -- a shower curtain at a summer camp 'cause it's not wide enough to cover the space ... if you absolutely want curtains, I'd consider a set of narrow curtains pulled back. Yellow print maybe? I kinda like that the second pix shows the curtain "behind the wall", keeping the look very simple.

• Angel 18432
    4 years ago

The curtain you have put up is just fine for what you want (hide the stuff behind it).

If you want some advice - I know you didn't ask - but I would paint that yellow wall white.

You have a lovely bathroom and the yellow doesn't do anything for it.

• Joe
    4 years ago

I don't think the curtain stands up to your beautiful bathroom. What about an accordion door? Or bi-fold? If you're set on the curtain, can you mount it lower in the doorway so the bottom touches the floor?

• P O
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    I’m not loving the curtain and my husband hates it so it’s getting taken down LOL
  • tfitz1006
    4 years ago

I would do baskets or seriously attempt a relocation of that equipment in your home. No way could I look at that stuff every day. Taking up valuable real estate.

• mainenell
    4 years ago
    Part of the problem with that curtain is that it is not full enough. A curtain should be 2.5 - 3 times as wide as the space it is covering. Even just 2 times as wide looks skimpy.
  • Angel 18432
    4 years ago

If you read the postings, the curtain is being taken down.

After I have studied where this is (at the entrance to your closet) I would move that equipment to another location, it looks like it is being store there, not hooked up to anything right?

Then add more shelves and as advised above, get some pretty baskets. You could also put your shoes there, folded sweaters etc. It's a very usable space that is not being utilized.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 years ago

Find another place for the audio stuff for sure then use that spot for purses, and other accessories that don’t need to be hidden. BTW posting another dilemma for the same issue is a PITA too. IMO curtains on closets always look like you couldn’t afford a proper door and in this case leaving it open with attractive items in it is the answer.

• P O
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    The equipment is hooked up there because the TV is in the room next to it my master bedroom mounted on the wall so it can’t be moved.
  • katinparadise
    4 years ago

If you don't like the curtain, I think the idea of wicker baskets could work. You can drill some holes in the sides of them for the wires to the equipment to go through. Another thing that would help would be to paint the post the same color as the walls to disguise it a bit.