Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spoehls

Mannington Adura Napa Barrel REAL LIFE PICTURES?

spoehls
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We are building and I'm picking out floors. I'm consider Mannington Adura Napa Barrel LVP and would like to see real life pictures. I've seen several threads for Napa Dry Cork LVP (which I do like), but I'm leaning towards the darker floors in Napa Barrel. PLEASE post pics if you have this product and give honest feedback on the durability & look. Thank you!

Comments (20)

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    4 years ago

"real life pictures" is an oxymoron. You are best off seeing large samples of the product in real life. Do not rely on images of unknown camera settings and unknown lighting.

• spoehls
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I realize lighting will show the product differently. That is why I would like "real life pictures" despite your opinion that it is an oxymoron. I would like to see the product that has been installed shown in different lighting. Looking at a large sample in a showroom as suggested only shows the product in one type of lighting. thank you for taking the time to comment.

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    4 years ago

Do you have a large sample of the material?

Do you realize the accuracy of an image from a camera might never be equally experienced in real life?

• lyfia
    4 years ago

Hopefully you took the sample with you and put it in your house along with paint color choices, cabinets, etc. to evaluate it as well. Even if you don't have all lighting in yet, this would at least help you see how it looks in natural light.

• User
    4 years ago

@Mark Bischak, Architect I totally get what you are saying, but at least for me, seeing the "real life" photos of LVP has helped me eliminate what I don't like after seeing it in a room and helped me narrow down the choices. I'm sure others feel the same way.

• User
    4 years ago

@spoehls did you ever decide on the Napa series? I ordered a box of Dry Cork, but it seems a little too gray to work in my house, so I ordered a box of Napa Tannin b/c it seems, at least in pics, a little warmer.

• spoehls
    Original Author
    4 years ago

@User - we ended up not going with Mannington. We found another flooring that was a bit cheaper and we actually fell in love with the color! It has a VERY natural feel with wood grains that don't have too much variance. The color is perfect because it matches either lighter or darker wood tones you may have in your home. Firmfit XXL Wheatland. https://bpiprestige.com/products/firmfit-xxl?variant=18324248068192

• User
    4 years ago

That's beautiful!

• User
    4 years ago

@spoehls I decided against the Napa Dry Cork and Tannin after buying $142 boxes of each! I'm glad I did. In pics I loved both, but Dry Cork was too grey in tone, Tannin was too warm and orangey brown on the lighter pics. I also decided after seeing them down on my floors i don't want a lot of variation between planks. So instead, I'm considering CoreTec's Calypso Oak and Hayes Oak (they look similar in style as the Wheatland. I don't have a Prestige dealer near me!).

• Jen B.
    4 years ago

@spoehls Do you have any pictures of the wheatland installed? I'm really interested in it but can't find any pictures of it installed. I want something light but warm and not too rustic.

• Jen B.
    4 years ago

@spoehls Wow! That looks amazing! Your home is beautiful. Thank you so much for posting pics. Wheatland is definitely a frontrunner. My husband wants something lighter but I don't want our home to be too modern. The other ones we liked were Coretec Calypso Oak and Provenza Royal Crest. I'm worried Calypso will be too light and it looks different in every picture I see. Also, the sample looks like. Royal Crest is newer and I can't find any pics of it installed.

@Deann Jackson did you decide onCalypso?

• spoehls
    Original Author
    4 years ago

@Jen B. Thank you:) Happy to post pictures! It's so hard picking something from a sample! I feel like the Provenza Royal Crest is very close to Wheatland. The Calypso looks more yellow in pictures I've seen - but you just can't tell because lighting plays such a big part of how it looks. I wish you the best!

• Jen B.
    4 years ago

@spoehls Thank you so much!!

• Deann Jackson
    4 years ago

Wow @spoehls! Beautiful floors and beautiful house! @Jen B I went with Hayes Oak but haven't don't the install yet (likely Feb).

• ljcronin
    3 years ago

@spoehls how are you liking your Prestige Wheatland? I just saw it in a store today and really like it. However, I am nervous as I can't find any information about it and its durability. I have been focused mainly on the Provenza line but really like the look of the Wheatland. Could you post a picture of your install? Thanks!

• ljcronin
    3 years ago

sorry @spoehls, your install photos showed up after I signed in!

• Fran Guerin
    3 years ago

@spoehls can you update us on if you’re still loving your floor?

• PRO
    JWalls
    3 years ago

@spoehls I would to see more of your pics of wheatland flooring

• PRO
    FIRMFIT® Flooring
    2 years ago

FirmFit flooring is a premium limestone-based rigid core product that is one of the strongest waterproof floorings out in the market today. It has superior dimensional stability, that allows us to go places that other rigid core products wouldn’t even attempt. It is fast & easy to install with our state-of-the-art click system.

You may check the range of FirmFit Flooring that's available in your area here: https://www.firmfitfloor.com/collections/ 

Need some design inspiration? Try FirmFit Room Visualizer: https://www.firmfitfloor.com/room-visualizer/ FirmFit newest tool allows you to design the floor you want digitally