Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nickcsmith

What would you change in this space?

Nick Smith
4 years ago

I am trying to create a more cohesive and sophisticated/upscale space with a modern and minimalist style. What would you add or remove to improve the aesthetics of this space?

Comments (10)

• Nick Smith
    Original Author
    4 years ago

• Nick Smith
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Just posted in comments

• Lil S
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

It looks nice. I'd lower that picture by the patio door and the one next to the frig. Have center of pictures at eye level. Do you move that plant on the table every time you eat? It might be ready to go in a larger pot on the floor :)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 years ago

I do not like those basket weave hangins the plant needs to go where it gets the same light all the time , some more art on both theDRwall and I would look at Besta for a TV wall with storage and some display along with the T. the pillows on the sofa are really not doing much in the way of interest and the art in the last pic is hung way too high.

• Gcubed
    4 years ago

Overall nice, I think. Plant on table is too big. Move to the corner (by balcony door?). Maybe add roller shades or Roman shades to control the light into the room. Is the blue pillow the only color in the room? Lower the art by the balcony door (60" from floor to middle of art piece-- eye level) and pull some of those colors into accessories.

• Olychick
    4 years ago

It's already very nice. I might add a large colorful painting on the dining wall next to the table. The painting around the corner from the lamp could be lowered a bit and I'd change the cattywampus art pieces by hanging them straight - either in a grid or a row over the tv. Try cutting pieces of paper the same size and tape them in different configurations to find the best arrangement.

I'd also put a colorful throw and/or pillows on the sofa, just to warm things up a bit. But if you did nothing, you've got a great space.

• My House
    4 years ago

A potted plant with dirt shouldn't be placed on your eating table... and your is clearly too big for that table... If you want a leafy look, as opposed to flowers,, then place leafy stems in vase. I'd move the plant next to the TV or to a plant stand and place it between the couch and the dining space to give it more light.

• hollybar
    4 years ago

I would lower the art on the bump out. And display the twiggy pieces as a vertical stack, probably on the other bump out between the table and sofa. I would keep the display tight, no more than two inches apart. The plant on table could be repotted or put on a stand at floor level. Are you allowed to paint? Can you paint...something simple....

• jmm1837
    4 years ago

I'd probably replace the rug and cushions with something more colorful - the room reads a bit bland to me. Maybe teal...