What apps to you have on your phone?

I have a couple of games, 2 for the grandkids, 2 for me. :-D

A gardening app

Plant identifier

weather apps

local news apps

banking app

Gas Buddy

Life 360 -- which is an app to "track" family members. (hubs & I both have this on our phones. And I have it installed on my elderly Mom's phone as well)

DexCom -- this is an app that monitors my husbands blood sugar. (Type 1 diabetic) Definitely a life saver!

Instagram

Facebook

and a few more.

Comments (13)

• IdaClaire
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Amazon Kindle

Lyft

Mercari

Airbnb

VRBO

Voya Retire

Axs (concert tix)

Shutterfly

AllTrails

TripAdvisor

AllWeather

Uber

Banking app

Spotify

YouTube

HotelTonight

And a handful of Icelandic apps from our recent trip.

• Fun2BHere
    4 years ago

I don't keep much on my phone because I rarely use apps while I'm away from home. I do have Libby, Overdrive and Kindle for entertainment while waiting for appointments and Waze, Lyft and Uber for travel. Of course, I have the resident Apple apps like contacts, messages, calendar, music, pictures and Safari. Oh, I also have my alarm system app and front doorbell app.

My iPad on the other hand is loaded with video apps, WeatherBug, reading apps, shopping apps, photography apps, etc.

pudgeder thanked Fun2BHere
  • User
    4 years ago

Ones I’ve added.

ClassDojo

Messenger (only for a sports related thing I need updates for. Don’t have fb.)

Pandora

White Noise

ABC Alphabet

Little Speller

Endless Reader

airline apps

MyFitnessPal

HP Smart

Image Size

• bpath
    4 years ago

Apps I’ve added to my phone:

Colornote — a notepad-type app

YB Races — I’ll uninstall it and reinstall next July, it tracks boat races. I just use it to track the Race to Mackinac.

BirdNet — it’s to identify birdsong. I keep forgetting to try it!

MapMyWalk

my live wallpaper, Grass

I should add the library apps like Hoopla, Libby, etc.

I’m so used to having a phone with little storage, for most things I just got used to using sites, not their apps.

pudgeder thanked bpath
  • bbstx
    4 years ago

WOW! I thought I was very sparse on apps, but compared to y’all I’m a clutterbug.

I have 2 weather apps, one shows the weather in multiple places, one has a radar map.

For travel, I have 4 airlines, one hotel, one cruise line, Trip Advisor, Expedia, Rick Steves Audio Europe, Google Translate, and mobile passport. I have a night light app and a white noise fan app. Also Google Maps and Waze. Uber. Amtrak which I need to offload.

I also have 2 apps for ordering groceries, one for each grocery in my town.

Passport - for paying parking meters when I go downtown

Pandora

Cell Protect/Mobile Security which blocks most robo calls and telemarketers. I think one is the newer version of the other. I need to figure that out and delete the unnecessary one.

Twitter, iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest

Overdrive and Kindle. I haven’t downloaded Libby yet because I have the library bookmarked in Safari

Anova to control my sous vide circulator

a bank app for mobile deposits

Google Docs

a spreadsheet

a word processing app

Red Cross First Aid, mainly to remember how to do CPR on the twins when they were infants

Pepperplate, recipe app

bpath, you do not need to delete your YB Races app. You can offload it until you need it again. Offloading maintains the data so that you can reload the app later and the data will still be there. On an iPhone, go to Settings>General>iPhone Storage. Scroll down to the particular app you wish to offload. Tap on the name of the app, on the next page, tap on Offload App.

pudgeder thanked bbstx
  • DLM2000-GW
    4 years ago

I cycle in and out of apps all the time. I'll use an airline app for a specific trip then delete, use lullaby apps when our granddaughter visits then delete - that kind of thing. I'm pretty selective about what I'll put on my phone, never anything bank or purchase related and I choose to access many sites from a browser, not their app - like here. At the moment pretty much in the frequency of use I have

Google Photos

Signal

Google Lens (it's an all around identifier, plants, animals, buildings...)

Google weather

My Radar

Pandora (although I rarely use it on my phone so it should go away)

Pinterest (it's my waiting room go-to)

Instagram (I don't have a tablet so need it on my phone to communicate with rug sellers since I can't do that on my laptop)

SwimGuide (almost done for the season so will delete and reinstall next summer)

I need Birdnet - so many here I am not familiar with.

Great thread to learn what's out there!

pudgeder thanked DLM2000-GW
  • czarinalex
    4 years ago

Epicurious

Shoprite (supermarket)

Redfin

Uber

Waze

2 hotel chain apps for when we travel cross country

security camera app

carb manager - keto

babbel -trying to learn Italian

yelp

pandora

pudgeder thanked czarinalex
  • lyfia
    4 years ago

Besides what it came with I've so far installed (had to replace the phone very recently and went from Samsung to Apple so my apps didn't transfer)

Audible

Dexcom - I'm type 1 too

Fordpass - makes it easy to lock, unlock and start my car without needing keys or be by right by the vehicle.

HPSmart - so I can print stuff from my phone to our printer.

Myfitnesspal

MyZone - heart rate monitor app for when I work out.

pudgeder thanked lyfia
  • 3katz4me
    4 years ago

Way too many to list and many of them I rarely use. Things I use most often include a couple email apps, two for weather plus MyRadar, the iPhone Notes app, MyFitnessPal, Errands, Google calendar, Google maps, wifi thermostat, Ring doorbell, another WiFi camera and a garage door opener, Amazon, Podcasts, Office365, the iPhone text app, MyChart, Vagaro (for my hair salon), CamScanner and the rest are used infrequently such as those for travel.

pudgeder thanked 3katz4me
  • tinam61
    4 years ago

I don't keep/use a lot of apps on my phone. If I am visiting here, reading blogs, etc. I use one of our computers or tablet. Ones most used on my phone are my amazon music (used in car), and my app for the car (Entune). I also have a remote start app for my car but I really don't have a need for it. I do have use my email app and also a work email app, although I retired, I can keep my email addy. I also use my Fetch app. I would never do banking on my phone.

pudgeder thanked tinam61
  • bpath
    4 years ago

I forgot to mention Messenger. It isn’t my preferred method, I like texting better from habit, but for communicating with people who don’t have/don’t need my phone number but are on FB, it’s just the ticket. And, it’s the best way to communicate with my brother who lives abroad; and we can continue the conversation when we are in the same country. One nice thing with Messenger is I can use it on any device, where as texiting is only on my phone.

I have to do more exploring of the apps that came with my phone, like Lens!

BBSTX, is offloading the same as clearing cache? I have android. I’m never sure what ”clearing cache” will actually clear out; just what is cached, and how does clearing it affect the app’s use?

pudgeder thanked bpath
  • bbstx
    4 years ago

bpath, I’m sorry. I know nothing about Android. I don’t think ”offloading” is the same as ”clearing cache.” As best I can understand, offloading preserves on your phone the data from the app while storing the actual app on the cloud. If/when you want to access it, you simply reload the app. For example, the photo below shows 3 apps that have been offloaded from my iPad. Considering the little clouds, I suppose they’ve been stored on the cloud. Now they are only taking up a small amount of space to store data and documents (2nd photo). If I were to want to use them again, I’d just tap the app icon and it would reload on my iPad.

pudgeder thanked bbstx
Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert