Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

Ever heard of homegarden.com (or .COM)?

jojoco
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I'm wary. The site showed up on my FB feed and the prices are too good to be true. Here are some of the sweaters I like. (Yeah, yeah, I know...florals. But could be cute with jeans and flats...)

these were all about $30 each.

ever heard of this company?

Comments (32)

• Fun2BHere
    4 years ago

• jojoco
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks, Fun. I had a hunch it wasn't on the up and up.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    4 years ago

I am seriously bummed. I really, really want a sweater like the first one :-(

• Sueb20
    4 years ago

You might find similar at Sundance catalog, but at higher prices.

4 years ago

Sueb, Sundance has fantastic sweaters. Florals, colorful, exactly what I want. Thank you! I used to get their catalogue, but didn’t get anything for many years.

• sushipup1
    4 years ago

It shows up as homegaden, no "r". Always a red sign.

4 years ago

Hmmm .... I could hire someone to knit the cardigan. Now I’m off to Etsy. Thank you, Dani. I really love that sweater. It reminds me of a favorite Laura Ashley one from the early 90s.

• jojoco
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hey Zalco, if you find something similar, let me know. I also saw the pattern. I used to knit all the time but I know I would never have the patience for such small needles.

4 years ago

Will do, Jo.

• HU-911219953
    4 years ago

They steal photos from legitimate websites and designers and try to pass it off as theirs.

• Mindy Goijaarts
    4 years ago

So if I order there, i would'nt get my order? I really love so many clothes on that site!!

• Rosana Abad
    4 years ago

I placed an order and did not arrive. I began to suspect and I am realizing that it is a fraud ... I feel stupid!

I really liked the clothes they showed, could someone tell me where could I find similar stuff: vintage, tribal, wool ...?

Greetings to all!

• Mindy Goijaarts
    4 years ago

Rosana, sorry to hear that!! Hope you didn't pay much money. Goodluck with finding similar stuff. Someone here said Sundance catalog, but it's very expensive.

• Rosana Abad
    4 years ago

Thanks a lot Mindy.. I´ve seen Sundance Catalog but...God! yes, it´s expensive...

• Sandie Ciccone
    4 years ago

I just saw this come up in my facebook feed today and really thought the clothes were cute but the prices just seemed to good to be true. I was going to order something cheap like gloves and see what happened but decided to check for reviews first. So after reading through these I decided to check out Sundance catalog and saw that homegaden had used pictures of clothing from Sundance catalog for their page.

• Oakley
    4 years ago

Most of those too good to be true sites are from China. I got scammed a couple of years ago and I can't remember the name of the store.

I ordered the prettiest long sleeve blouse I've ever seen at a low price. It came about three weeks later and it looked perfect.

When I attempted to try it on I couldn't even get my arm in the sleeves, but the rest of the blouse would have fit. I cried. :)

I don't understand why the scam stores show beautiful clothes but I can't find any nice designs like those on legitimate websites.

• Jo Jo
    4 years ago

Oakley: you raise an excellent point "I don't understand why the scam stores show beautiful clothes but I can't find any nice designs like those on legitimate websites."

It's bizarre. Is it that one of us are going to have to invent it? WTF?

• Oakley
    4 years ago

Jojo, I was going to do a topic about today's fashion because I think clothing in the USA has gone downhill. I look at shops online from the UK and they're much nicer. Is it just my imagination?

Don't laugh, but I love looking at the clothes the Duchess of Cambridge wears, especially her coat dresses. Her casual clothes are just as nice. I like classic designs but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack here in the US.

• jojoco
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Oakley, have you checked out Boden?it is an English clothing retailer with a US presence.

https://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/womens-clothing

• Sueb20
    4 years ago

One more to check out — Peruvian Connection (or Collection?). Browsed the store in NYC a couple of weeks ago. Not inexpensive, but their colors are really lovely.

• drsaj
    4 years ago

I once placed a clothing order with a similar scam of a company at linkshe.com. Normally, I'll investigate a company I've never heard of, but stupidly didn't this time. I received some items, but there was absolutely nothing I ordered in the box. The clothing looked cheaply made and came in multiple sizes. Long story short (leaving out the claim process with PayPal and linkshe's attempts to offer me the items for a lower price), Linkshe wanted me to send the items to CHINA (even though the box was sent to me from a U.S. address). Shipping would have been $75. Thankfully, I used AMEX to make the purchase and they reversed the original charge without me having to return the items. You would think companies like AMEX would refuse charges from these companies to go through in the first place once they have a multitude of complaints. I don't get it.

• Rosana Abad
    4 years ago

I have news!

I placed an order with Homgaden (I commented a few weeks ago here). I checked on the website that it had not been sent yet and canceled it. My money has been fully reimbursed, except a couple of dollars of penalty. In the end everything went well.

However, I distrust this type of web pages. All photographs belong to other brands.

It's sad that I can't find such beautiful clothes in trusted stores ...

• lisaam
    4 years ago

There used to be a Peruvian Connection outlet north of Baltimore. I got some lovely sweaters-- still pricey but not guilt inducing. Beautiful things.

• couserbmb
    4 years ago

I ordered 2 sweaters, pair of earrings, boots and garden supplies. NO trace of order. Guess I got scammed big time.

• Cindy McClure
    4 years ago

FALSE ADVERTISING!!! Wish I had read the reviews before purchasing from this company!!! The material used is like a cheap bathrobe material with the design just stamped on, nothing like the beautiful knitted material shown in the images. Cheap cheap cheap! These were shipped out of California, but to return they want you to send back to China at your own expense. They first offered 15% back then upped it to 25%. I am angry with myself for being duped into buying a knock off product!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I believe they have several company names, I googled the image and several different sites came up with the same product. Wish I knew who designed and created the original product in the quality it shows.

• denali2007
    4 years ago

My sister ordered 4 dresses from a site and in the photos they really looked great. When she received them they were horrible. She ordered a small and got a mediumm and it was too small on her! She is very tiny and thin and a small would most likely be big on her.Another lace dress looked like plastic lane and a third dress had seams that didn’t match. She did send them back and disputed it through her charge card. After getting the charge taken off, she did some research and came across a site called pissed of consumers with numerous complaints about them. They went by different names too. So beware.

• F N
    4 years ago

Please don’t order from Homegarden. It’s a scam I didn’t receive my order. and didn’t get a refund either !,!!!!!

• Olychick
    4 years ago

FN put a claim in with your credit card company.

• HU-589994917
    4 years ago

I received whatever they wanted to send me but what I had ordered. Still fighting to be refund! They are a fraud.

• F N
    4 years ago

Totally agree.

• IdaClaire
    3 years ago

Spam flagged.