Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
palmleaf

Mirror or framed print over cabinet with mirrors in the doors? Help!

Ann Argone
4 years ago

I’m not sure if I should use a mirror or a framed black and white photo over this cabinet? I have other black and white photographs in the room but where this would be hung it would always have a glare from the window. I was thinking a mirror might be nice to reflect more light into the room. I just wasn’t sure if that would be too much “mirror” since the cabinet doors are mirrored. Thoughts??

Comments (13)

• Haley
    4 years ago

Can you give us a few other photos from a distance to show how the cabinet relates to other items in the room?

• Ann Argone
    Original Author
    4 years ago

This should give you some idea and the cabinet isn’t actually as small as it looks in the photo. The cabinet it 32x13x34.

• Ann Argone
    Original Author
    4 years ago

*the blue chair will likely be replaced as soon as I can find something else more fitting

• Ann Argone
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>And the fake tree will be replaced with a live one!
  • Jeanne Seefus
    4 years ago

I like the picture and I love the blue chair too

• Haley
    4 years ago

I think what you have selected coordinates nicely with the room!

• Ann Argone
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Judy, for some reason I couldn’t load your entire comment so I couldn’t read your comment about the art work but yes, great idea to add a second cabinet! I would only have a 20” area to walk through if that’s ok but I totally agree! I think that would balance everything out more!

• groveraxle
    4 years ago

20" is not near enough walk space. You should have 36" at least. How about getting rid of the cabinet since it's too small to look balanced on the wall and just hang a big piece of art instead?

• Ann Argone
    Original Author
    4 years ago

It’s a small room, yes. The walk path is only to the window (to open and close blinds). I like the idea of a large piece of art too- now I’m torn!

• calidesign
    4 years ago

If you place a cabinet on that wall, the French door cannot be opened all the way. I would remove the faux tree, put your end table and lamp in that corner, and move your mirrored cabinet to the left side of the sofa to function as an end table. Then put your black and white art on the empty wall by the French doors.

• Haley
    4 years ago

Oh, I would like to see what calidesign suggested!

• Ann Argone
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Calidesign, I could open the doors all the way even with two cabinets on the wall. Photos are deceiving sometimes, aren’t they? I agree that my end table should go in between the sofa and the chair - but this room is so odd-nothing seems to work without an area looking too crowded or off balanced. I’ve had a really hard time trying to figure out what to do in here- and I’m not crazy about what I have to work with either. Also disappointed that the size rug that was recommended is slightly too small. It’s just been really frustrating. I’ll play around with the layout you suggested. I may just sell everything and start over.