Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_238160393

What color would you paint the walls once I remove the wallpaper?

Matt Russo
4 years ago

This isn't my furniture or shades so that can be changed easily as well.

Comments (19)

• Sammy
    4 years ago

Peach

• Theresa Janssen
    4 years ago

it would be helpful to know more about the furniture that is going in the space to get an opinion. if nothing is staying it would be more helpful to understand the look you want to achieve otherwise you will get random opinions from everyone.

• Sammy
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Or perhaps raspberry

• latifolia
    4 years ago

Lovely large dining room. It looks like the table should go the other way. What is your style, and what color will the adjacent rooms be?

• ArchitecturalDetails .
    4 years ago

What exactly is still in the room? Rug, Chandelier? What type of furnishings do you plan to add? Do you want a traditional solution or something a bit more edgy for the room?

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    4 years ago

Oh, Nooooooooo!

One of my favorite Thibaut chinoiserie wallpapers. Could I talk you out of removing it?

Change the style of the furniture: inlaid bone for a sideboard?

• Connie Stackhouse
    4 years ago

If the ceiling color and rug are staying, I would look for something like the aqua in the rug. It looks like the hardwood and ceiling are similar in color, so some contrast would be nice.

• Denita
    4 years ago

Matt, I would encourage you to keep the wallpaper and the shutters.

Love the rug too if you can get the sellers to leave it.

If you are looking to have a different look - what are you thinking about in terms of style?

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    4 years ago

Paint is LAST. What is the feel you want in the room. What furniture do you have? What about the furniture in the living room that is across a hallway from this dining room? What's in there? Do you have a rug?Do you plan a rug? What is your table and chairs? Until you provide more info................it is a mystery meat.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    4 years ago

That wallpaper is absolutely stunning! but the real question is.. is that your stuff, and if not what stuff goes in there......but I think everyone already said that lol.

• Matt Russo
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you everyone! I have no clue what style I want yet, so all the input is very helpful. I don't know anything about that wallpaper either - can anyone tell me more about it?

• cat_ky
    4 years ago

Google Thibaut wallpaper and you will be very surprised at how much this wallpaper actually cost. Its quite expensive. That said, I would also remove it, since I really do not like it and would much prefer paint.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    4 years ago

I would pick blue color from your rug. Or white.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    4 years ago

More options

• AC LB
    4 years ago

Ohh I love the slate blue/grey celery girl used in her mock-up! Absolutely beautiful room!!

• Kathi Steele
    4 years ago

I don't think that is his rug. I think it is from the previous owner.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    4 years ago

@Matt Russo I would think to start, is this going to be your place or do you have a significant other?

I would suggest looking through Houzz and creating an idea book of the things you like, we can all look at that and draw from your style there.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    4 years ago

Matt, Most US wallpaper sites don't show their pricing; you have to call the store to get it.

I did find an Australia listing HEREwhich shows the price in AUS dollars. Their price is $281.33 for a single roll (The standard size of a SINGLE roll of wallpaper is 21 in. wide x 16.5 ft. long) In American dollars, that is $185.96.

My dining room is also done in a Thibaut light blue wallpaper, that I love. It was a splurge, but mine is smaller than yours and I also just did above the chair rail. I'm adding another fervent vote for you to try to keep it and work with it.