Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
john_charles97

Before and After, but should I still limewash brick??

John Charles
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

So I had always intended to limewash the brick to freshen the look but now I am second guessing myself.

What do you guys think?

Before (God I hated the yellow and brown!)

After (Current)

Replaced Roof, Siding, Windows, Doors, Lights

Mockup 1 (150% dilution limewash, little brown coming through)

Mockup 2 (100% dilution limewash, also added grey garage door as I have planned but TBD)

Comments (16)

• Irene Morresey
    3 years ago

I prefer the brick to the lime wash

• Tanya
    3 years ago

I think you should add the grey garage door and call it a day. The new roof and paint color completely changed the look of your house. Your house looks great now!!

John Charles thanked Tanya
  • thinkdesignlive
    3 years ago

If you keep the brick as is you may want to consider a wood look garage door -

• thinkdesignlive
    3 years ago

Or if you paint everything blue like Irene suggested I like the garage door in her example. I also think no to the lime wash.

• RedRyder
    3 years ago

All blue or leave it. Whitewashing the lower section doesn’t enhance the look. Either way, I would suggest landscaping the front to give it more interesting colors.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    3 years ago

IMO blue is the wrong choice with the brick. I would have chosen a grayed green with the brick This is a great color with brick in fact you could have even done something like this for a totally different look The garage door also needs to be the same as the siding it is IMO not an item to be high lighted unless you get a fabulous one. I think painting brick devalues a home.

• John Charles
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Been a long time to get here. Thank you everyone for all the input. I appreciate it. Yea, I didnt think i would like the brick after everything but it really makes a nice contrast in the front. The siding is not really that blue also, the picture is pretty saturated. Its Midnight Surf by Royal.

Landscaping is definitely coming next after these last finishing touches are done.

• John Charles
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Few more mockups based on responses. I do like Irene's suggestion of making the garage door blue. The last wooden door looks very nice too.

Blue garage door

wooden door (prolly too light of color)

• Irene Morresey
    3 years ago

I like the blue garage door, it balances the look of the house

John Charles thanked Irene Morresey
  • houssaon
    3 years ago

I like the blue door with the current brick. It is interesting. How about painting the siding on the chimney blue, too?

• RedRyder
    3 years ago

I like the blue garage door too.

• John Charles
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks. Yea, I like the blue garage door too.

windows just on the left too much?

vs

• Irene Morresey
    3 years ago

That now looks great, wow. Just the landscaping to go. Got to love this site

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    3 years ago

like the blue garage door, but hate the gray front door. either do it in the same as the garage, or a contrasting blue, red or black.

I'd paint the chimney the same blue as the siding. having that gray part just doesn't seem to go w/anything, except the roof tile.

I gave you 5 choices

I like this one

Prob should have used the other garage door w/the style front door

• Irene Morresey
    3 years ago

Love the last pic of Beth’s, has mcm look