Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
misty_creel

How to coordinate brick backsplash with granite countertop

Misty Creel
3 years ago

Struggling with coordinating brick backsplash with granite countertop?

Comments (9)

• Sammie J
    3 years ago

Can you clarify your question??? And add images, so we can see what you are dealing with.

• User
    3 years ago

Porous brick rarely makes a functional backsplash in a kitchen. Glazed tile resembling brick can. But it’s so very busy that the the counters must be very calm to work.

• Tara
    3 years ago

You posed your statement as a question. With a question mark. Are you asking us if we are struggling? The answer is no.

Punctuation is everything.

Let's eat grandma.

Let's eat, grandma.

• chloe00s
    3 years ago

LOL Tara - great example of how punctuation is everything!

• chloebud
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Tara is 100% right but I get what you're asking. As Sammie mentioned, a photo will help. Brick with granite sounds very busy. I agree with Celadon regarding brick being too porous for a backsplash.

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    3 years ago

jk113, the photo you posted shows a beautiful kitchen. The brick, black counter top, white cabinets and butcher block work very well together and create a classic look. Blanket statements like brick can't work with granite just don't hold water.

I've had a brick backsplash behind the cooktop in 2 different kitchens. It's really not a problem unless you're a SUPER messy cook and splash huge amounts of food on the backsplash. Which I'm not. Know thyself.

Misty Creel thanked Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
  • njmomma
    3 years ago

Not a Pro.

I believe you can seal brick. Which would be very helpful, should you use brick as a back splash.

A solid color counter top works well with brick.

• Misty Creel
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks for MOST of the responses!

We have gutted the kitchen and doing a complete remodel. I do not have a Brick backsplash but love the warmth and inviting look it brings. I have seen several pictures on Pinterest with brick and granite together, but no mention of what color the brick and Granite are. When I take my brick samples to Granite shop, I can’t make any look good together. I was hoping others may have done this and could give specific examples of what worked for them. I obviously have no decorating experience! Social Work is my profession. My husband will probably not like a plain color countertop. We will have a 5X9 island that would look better with some detail. We picked Salinas Granite as a top choice for us, but can’t seem to find a brick to pair it with. I also like White Ice Granite. I’m wondering if a simple Quartz would be better?? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012