Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_252541860

I need the description of the flooring and of the pretty print picture

annette mondry
3 years ago
I would love to know the description of this flooring and the print picture that is hanging on the wall. Thank you. I am in Madison WI and I love this
Kitchen Plus · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    David Lund Design
    3 years ago

Hi Annette
    Thanks for the kind words! The flooring is ungauged slate - ungauged means varying thickness.

The art on the wall is actually fabric from IKEA circa 15 years ago. It’s a bulletin board.

• annette mondry
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you so much. Is ungauged slate better than travertine porcelain flooring? I may be moving to Minneapolis and I really really want you guys to help me design.

• annette mondry
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Also is unguaged slade slippery for kitchen floor?

• PRO
    David Lund Design
    3 years ago

Hi Annette

It’s difficult to quantify which flooring might be better than the other. They look very different but they perform similarly, as they are both intended to be used on the floor.

The slate is not slippery given its great amount of texture but it can make it difficult to set things on as it might be a little uneven. The tile you’re talking about most likely is of a consistent thickness which makes installation simpler.

Please visit our website when you make your way to Minneapolis, or book some time with us to chat or actually meet in person. I’d love to hear more about your project down the road. Thanks! David