Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Happy Halloween (Costume Reveal)

moonwolf_gw
3 years ago

Hi everyone,

Happy Halloween to you all. I haven't been as active lately due to working a lot. I still found time to do not one, but TWO costumes for this year. Not that I can wear them anywhere :/. No theatre=no Halloween party. Anyway, here are this year's creations.

First, we have The Bride of Frankenstein. I made my dress and cape from fabric remnants from Wal-Mart and creepy cloth/fabric for my gloves/sleeves/bandages. The wig was from Amazon. I wanted something that was classic, but a little different for it. You can't see them but I am wearing white tights under the dress, and these GORGEOUS Victorian white/cream lace up boots I found online (most expensive part of the whole ensemble). This one was really easy to do, yet it's gotten such an amazing response. :) Make up was really easy to do, too. Just pack it on and away you go. I have metallic lightning bolt earrings somewhere that I bought for this, but am unsure of where they are.

Next, we have Mary Sanderson from one of my favorite movies of all time: Hocus Pocus. I found the costume at Wal-Mart. I added the pockets on the apron and some scrap fabric to the back for her cape attached to her dress (different than the hooded one she and her sisters wear when they fly). Wig was from online, gloves were from Wal-Mart, and jewelry (both earrings and necklace) were from Etsy. I have witchy shoes I fashioned from my old reliable pair of heels (craft foam and witch shoe covers) and black and white stockings underneath. I have her hooded cape from Spirit Halloween, but she looks good without it, too. No make up in this photo, but maybe later on. "Winnie, I smell children!!!" All I need is a vintage bagged upright vacuum. "Broom ho!!!!"

You all decide which one was the best ;). Much love and hugs from afar (or not so afar, depends on where you're located). Stay safe, have fun, and get spooky.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (15)

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Everyone seems to be in love with the Bride. I didn't think she'd get much response. Mary's getting some love, too. Thank you for the votes!

Yep! I'm a server at my local Pizza Hut. I've been there over a year now. Was off for three months due to quarantine restrictions, but it's been quite the experience so far. A lot has changed. Some days, I wanna quit when it's been rough all around (gonna get rough this week, too). But I persevere.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• annie1992
    3 years ago

And yet he persevered. Keep it up Brad, I'm glad you found that job and that you are back to work. Stay healthy.

Costumes? I like them both, and especially like the Bride's wig, but I'm going to have to vote for Mary, she's my favorite.

Happy Halloween!

Annie

• l pinkmountain
    3 years ago

Brad you are amazing. Thanks for sharing the fun!! I can't decide. Both are awesome!

• lindac92
    3 years ago

I vote for Mary!! I hear you about missing the theater...our theater is muddling through, with zoom rehearsals mostly and carefully chosen plays to maintain social distance....but the audiences have been very sparse by design.
    Glad you are back to work....and don't be a stranger now, ya hear?

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Mary of course. This is a cooking forum, and:

"--- Mary delights in tracking them down with her powerful sense of smell and suggest various ways of cooking them, from barbecue to "shish-ka-baby", ----"

There are hidden symbolisms in seemingly random events. Symbolisms are intended to be confusing, they can be good and can be bad, offering you choices to conduct your life.

I see good things in your life happening.

You are working in this difficult pandemic economic disaster, serving pizzas.

Halloween this year is unusual; there will be a full moon. The moon will be as round as a pizza.

Good luck, Moonwolf

dcarch

• party_music50
    3 years ago

Happy Halloween, Brad, and congratulations on the job!!!

I'm going with the Bride of Frankenstein all the way!!! Both great costumes, but that somehow does it for me.

There will be no usual candy / party stuff happening here for Halloween, and it's a shame considering that Oct 31 is on a Saturday this year. I just read in the newspaper that local schools are having drive-in type candy giveaways... specific times for specific age children, and they must stay in their cars. I don't quite get how that works. :p

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I found out that the rings on her corset are for holding ingredients (dried herbs, dead rodents, you get the picture). Mary's what one would call a "kitchen witch" as she's always preparing foods or gathering ingredients for Winifred's potions. Her hairstyle is not supposed to be a witch's hat, but rather, it was inspired buy a curled pumpkin stem ;). I love all three sisters, but Winifred/Winnie (whom I went as a couple years ago if you recall) is my favorite. "Shish-ka-baby" is one of my favorite quotes of hers.

If you want to humble yourself, work as a server in a restaurant or work with the public. You're often treated like dirt, only rarely being shown compassion or praise. I think for work, since we can't do a full costume, I'll either don a wig or wear one of those witch hats on a headband (probably the witch hat-since a witch is always my go-to classic costume). Of course, Mary or the Bride's hairdos would get a laugh. I have two Hocus Pocus masks, so maybe I'll don Mary's signature 'do.

Halloween 2021 hopefully will be back to the way we used to know it.

Oh, and Mother Darling and I discovered a film that's become quite dear to us. Has anyone ever seen it?

I have a pin with this photo on it I bought off of Etsy. It says "S-T-A-U-N-C-H" on it ;). I think she would approve of my "best costumes of the day".

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• KatieC
    3 years ago

Wow. Now I have to watch Hocus Pocus. Bride is an old favorite, but that dress? Wow.

• Sooz
    3 years ago

Brad, every year I look forward to your traditional posting of your costume reveal! You don't disappoint! So happy you're working, and yeah, working with the public is so challenging, so often!

• laceyvail 6A, WV
    3 years ago

Voting for Bride mostly because I've never heard of Hocus Pocus or Mary. But really, both costumes are great.

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Since you can't see them in the picture, here are the boots I wore for The Bride. Aren't they gorgeous? If I ever go as Stevie Nicks again (or a Snow Queen costume) I'll wear these. They're also available in black.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• Lars
    3 years ago

As much as I like the Bride costume, I like Mary even better.

The Edie photo reminds me of Jinx Monsoon on RuPaul's Drag Race:

• lindac92
    3 years ago

Grey Gardens of course!! Watched it at least twice!! I vote for Big Edie for you next year!!

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    3 years ago

LOVE Drag Race and Jinkx's performance as Little Edie was so endearing and well done :) .

I will have to plan my "revolutionary costume", but here's a glimpse of what I may look like as Little Edie. Complete with vintage brooch found at a little local boutique.

This was back in August. The scarf is from my local Goodwill.

LindaC, did you know they turned Grey Gardens into a musical? The soundtrack is gorgeous!!!

Brad AKA Moonwolf/Bride of Frankenstein/Little Edie Bouvier Beale

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!