Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iain_birnie

NuCore performance SPC flooring

Iain Birnie
3 years ago

Has anyone installed NuCore Performance SPC flooring from Floor & Décor? My wife and I are planning on installing it and would love to hear if anyone has had any experience with it. We love the product but haven't managed to find much information in the form of reviews on it.

We went with the Saddlebrook color.

Comments (9)

• salonva
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I am following this because I have been interested in a different product form Floor and Decor- Nucore in Spalted Maple. Here is the link to this Spalted Maple Nucore

I see yours is performance, but where does it say SPC ( which is from my understanding preferred)?

I see the weight of yours is heavier so I guess that's a good thing too. (Performance weight for box is 44 lbs ; for the one I am looking at is 26 lbs).

Someone on here has just installed the one I like but is not finished. ( she's pleased so far).

I too get very varying opinions on Nucore so I am hoping more people might chime in.

• Iain Birnie
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Actually now you ask I cannot recall where I got the information that it is SPC. It is certainly much heavier and solid than other LVP products we looked at. We purchased about 8 boxes and installed ourselves in a smallish storage closet, we tested some of the offcuts to test the claims made in the advertising. We hit it with a heavy hammer, no dents and scored it repeatedly with utility knives and it didn't scratch.

Aside from appearance, durability is our primary concern as we have dogs. We currently have an engineered hardwood product from Mohawk and despite only being around 8 years old it really hasn't held up well so we wanted to go in a different direction.

We have been considering purchasing this floor for a long time, and Floor and Decor seem to sell a lot of it, so not sure why its so difficult to find reviews!

• salonva
    3 years ago

Well that's a great endorsement that you ran it through! I may have to go back there and focus on the Nucore Performance. It's really not much more $ than the regular Nucore It's just that I have been looking for some colors to call my name and I do really like that one I linked above. I am really impressed that you said you put it through some tests. ( I too have a dog and we just are not super delicate careful people). Thank you for the feedback.

• salonva
    3 years ago

bumping to see if anyone else has any feedback

• HU-854329743
    3 years ago

Have you installed the nucore performance yet? How do you like it? We’re also wanting to install this product but like you, have not been able to find many reviews on that specific product

• J B
    3 years ago

I too want to know about nucore performance as it looks like a good product, and most of the bad reviews seem to be for the other types of flooring. The color we liked most was on nucore performance but want to know any longer term issues that may have come up from someone!

• Sady Ali
    2 years ago

Hi, did you end up installing the Nucore performance? I can't find many reviews

• Melanie Reimer
    last year
    last modified: last year

Iain-- do you remember what color you installed? I love it!