Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rsekh010

What siding color and trim goes with a green metal roof

Robby
3 years ago

We are buying a house. The house has a green metal roof. The front is a type of stucco. It is a sage color and the trim around the windows is dark green. We want to repaint. What colors would look nice with a green metal roof?

Comments (9)

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

What would you think if you painted the stucco wall the same color as the house?

My thought is it would make the house look more cohesive.

I know this is not your wall, but it is the concept I wanted to show you.

• User
    3 years ago

I would do a white house with black trim. the door would look good in a matching green, or natural wood.

I would also recommend updating the lighting, fence and railing. (if you did black trim on the house, a simple black iron railing would look great here.) eventually replace the lattice under the porch with something different, for example:

• User
    3 years ago

super rough mockup

• Robby
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks for the input. My wife and I were actually thinking of black trimming, black door and paint the front and sides of the house a type of grey beige color. The railing would change to a wooden one with black bars and the lattice would be replaced with fencing boards. All natural wood. Would that work? What kind of beige goes nice with black trim?
    Thank you again!

• User
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

greige with that particular green roof and black trim sounds really dull. but besides white, I'm at a loss of what I'd recommend for your house. I'm not a pro, so I tend to be biased to a specific set of looks. I do like the inspiration pic that Lady North posted above: cool grey with white trim.

first of all, what is your design style? do you have any inspiration pics?

when you google "green metal roof" notice the homes have brighter green roofs than yours, so it's not exactly a fair comparison. next steps I recommend:

1. have roof cleaned well so you can see what the color actually is (right now the dirt is making it look dull)

2. take new photos and ask us again! (for best outcome, shoot on an overcast day so you don't get shadows and glare.)

just curious: is the outcome of our answers going to stop you from buying the house? if it's a solid house with a good layout, and you like the location, go for it. don't let this exterior stop you. no matter what, it's fixable.

also.... once you move in you might find that painting is not your #1 priority. so you have plenty of time to think this through.

• chloebud
    3 years ago
  • Tess Crick
    3 years ago

Lady North - what color is that for the body of the house? We also have the green metal roof, and the house is painted brown. The color/concept you suggest is great.

• Design Girl
    3 years ago

I LOVE the pic @Lady North posted above. It looks Fabulous. I can't think of anything better.