Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
local_eater

The weather outside is frightful...

localeater
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I don’t know if this picture will adequately show the ick that is today’s weather here. But fear not I have a pot of yankee bean soup started and plans to make focaccia bread.

The yankee bean soup recipe is an old one, and I haven’t made it in awhile. It’s from a restaurant in NYC that dh and I used to go to often when we were young and unencumbered, The Tribeca Grill. Cooking the recipe makes me nostalgic. I also love that the recipe says to “stud the whole onion with cloves” and add to the pot. I have it in my book, but actually started searching for more info about the chef and other recipes of his and actually found the old magazine had the original recipem which I clipped as a hard copy, online. Here’s a Link

Comments (12)

• nutsaboutplants
    3 years ago

The soup and focaccia sounds divine on a day like that. I miss the snow and brutal cold weather from my years in the midwest. Hope you can settle down by your hearth with your lovely meal and watch the flames dance.

• Fun2BHere
    3 years ago

My weather today is supposed to be sunny and 80º F. I actually would prefer your weather.

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    3 years ago

Fun, yes, me too, though only for a month or two. Oh, and fear not, we’ll be back in the high 50’s by next week, and rain is coming on the 10 day forecast!! Now, I’m going to check out that yummy sounding recipe...thanks to local.👍

• blfenton
    3 years ago

Cold slush - yecch!

Looks like a good day for soup and staying inside.

• nini804
    3 years ago

I want your weather, Fun!! 😩😩😩 This is the time of year I am dreaming of travel to sunny, warm places.

Your soup and bread sound yummy, Local!

• Bunny
    3 years ago

It’s 72 here. I have my front door open. It won’t last but it’s a preview of spring.

• nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10
    3 years ago

Warm weather here as well.

Brush fire in Thousand Oaks last Thursday, but I think the red-flag warning for the Santa Ana winds has ended.

Showers in long-rang forecast for next Saturday. We're in drought conditions and will take whatever few drops nature sends us.

• 3katz4me
    3 years ago

It’s been relatively warm in MN - rain then snow. It’s a sloppy mess that precludes enjoyable outdoor winter activities not to mention an icy hazard if you’re on foot. Hopefully it will cool off soon and we’ll get some nice fluffy snow.

• 1929Spanish-GW
    3 years ago

I've been like a lizard in this heatwave standing in the backyard just soaking up the heat. My husband thinks I'm nuts!

• Jilly
    3 years ago

Thank you for sharing the soup recipe! I haven’t had it in years. My DH’s nickname is Yankee (he’s a Long Island native), so I need to make him this.

Love the snow. We had it last weekend (Texas) and it was so pretty coming down. I wish we got it more often (The Yankee strongly disagrees).

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    3 years ago

It's cold here for our area and I went hiking yesterday and it was in the twenties.

I came home and bought two kayaks online because they were great prices and I'll want them in a few months!

• Funkyart
    3 years ago

The majority of the rain we were to get all weekend went around us-- no more snow on the ground and while cold, it's much more mild than we normal for this time of year in Central PA.

Pretty sure i am going to make either chili or split pea soup this afternoon-- for now, i am just lazing in front of the fire. :)

Stay warm and enjoy the comforts of home, Local!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES