Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tess8798

Sharing my experience of buying rose bareroot from Breck's

Tess P
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

In the past I usually buy at local nurseries. My online mail orders were limited to David Austin and QVC (yes, laugh me, that was the silliest choice ever made). This year I really wanted to get 2 roses but my favorite local nurseries don't have them, so I had to resort to order online and found both at Breck's. The site felt a little gimmicky as I saw they are selling some roses for $15 and some deal of 5 roses for $45. My experience buying from QVC told me that if you see any rose bareroot sold around $15, it is too good to be true, so I passed the checkout a few times, until 2 weeks ago the itch still got me and I placed an order for Pearly gates and All dressed up. Each was for about $35 and shipping was waived, so approximately same deal as buying from DA.

To my surprise, the roses were shipped out on day 3 over expedited Fedex shipping! I received them on day 5! wow! Maybe I'm too used to putting up with DA's average 3 month waiting window. In addition, the roots are extremely healthy! They are larger than the largest bareroot I ever received from DA. The stems are thick, the roots are strong and healthy. Within in a few days they are in the ground I've already seen several red sprouts. I'm beyond pleased with this shopping experience. I have not heard many recommendations of getting roses from Breck's so putting in my words for this place - it's legit, and I'm definitely going back for more next planting season.

Comments (7)