Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sueann_fruge

Front porch info

Sue Ann Fruge
2 years ago
We need to add a front porch to the 1874 carriage house (with no designated entrance) we just purchased.
Could you provide me with information on this porch or Is it possible to purchase the plans. Also, what are the dimensions of the porch. Thank you so much.
Cedar Street · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Moore Architects, PC
    2 years ago

Hi Sue - This porch is 17'-0" wide and 8'-6" deep with 10" square columns. I'm not sure what other information we can provide for you, but I'm happy to give specifics if you let me know. I would imagine that if you showed this photo to a builder, they could work with you on the details. Good luck!

• Sue Ann Fruge
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Really appreciate your speedy response.

This is a small town so one needs to be very specific when working with a carpenter (vs builder). The four doors are what dimensions and manufacturer?

• PRO
    Moore Architects, PC
    2 years ago

They are 3'-0" x 8'-0" doors, made by Kolbe. The middle two are fixed.

• Sue Ann Fruge
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks so much.

I'll have to work with it...since it's a converted carriage house the ceilings are only 7'. I'm having to cheat the eye in every room.

• PRO
    Moore Architects, PC
    2 years ago

8' doors are very high, even for a new home. This space had a lowered floor with a higher ceiling so it made sense. You could very easily do standard 6'-8" doors.