Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fhetter

I need help on my backyard. Want a lot of grass for 10 and 6 year old

fhetter
10 years ago
I am not sure what to do I do want to keep the spa just don't know what to do for my back yard. This was a foreclosure

Comments (15)

• PRO
    User
    10 years ago
    We can deign something for you looks like California /Arizona .www.ebtdesigns.com
  • fhetter
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Ben q thank you. I will keep holding off on more comments. Your idea is simple and good.
  • cyn222
    10 years ago
    Retaining wall would give it more of a finished look. A strip of grass would be nice with a curved patio.
    fhetter thanked cyn222
  • PRO
    Wise Pool & Spa Service, Inc.
    10 years ago
    Definitely agree with Ben Q, a retaining wall will help you create more flat ground area for the kids to play, plus making more usable space to create seating/grilling/water feature areas such as in Everything Beautiful's pictures above. Spas are a super way to relax in the evenings and provide great health benefits - thumbs up for deciding to keep it!

Who is the manufacturer of your spa and gazebo? The gazebo looks quite similar to the California Renaissance from Gazebo Originals which is made by L.A. Spas.

http://www.laspas.com/product_lineup_california_renaissance.php
    http://www.laspas.com/spas_gazebos.php

Good luck with your project!
    fhetter thanked Wise Pool & Spa Service, Inc.
  • PRO
    User
    10 years ago
    Are you interested in a drawing for your back yard? or are you just getting ideas?
  • Judy M
    10 years ago
    Get professional help for sure, if you don't know what to do or how to do it, you need help.

A pro can design and then suggest how to implement the design in stages if budget is a problem.
    fhetter thanked Judy M
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Sod, on flat part. Ground cover like ice plant on slopes. Mixed with wild grasses. They grow fast don't need a lot of water. Bamboo along fence walls. Will give you a zen feel.
    fhetter thanked Nancy Travisinteriors
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    I wold also remove gazbo and extend patio cement over. Build a Over hang . Paint white. Retractable awnings over other patio with spa. Reface patio with slate. Use on other too. Great yard. Do a water feature too.
    fhetter thanked Nancy Travisinteriors
  • fhetter
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you all. I met with a professional yesterday and he is running a quote. Putting the spa under the triangle shaped gazebo as far back into the wall as possible. Surrounding it with tropical plants. On the opposite side ( close to where it is right now) I am using the red gazebo once it is painted white as am entertaining area with a free standing stainless steel BBQ next to it pressed against the fence. This one will be treated and painted bright white. Two of the sides will have 12 inch man made quarter as small counters. Inside a drop down table all reinforced. Then a three foot deep retaining wall with pants such as bamboo, birds of paradise and wall running deco. This theme will follow throughout the sides of the property. The patio will be covered with slate or a light colored rock. The triangle deck will have either minimal stamped comcrete or pressed gravel. The same will go for the present red gazebo. A tv will be ,punted on the white gazebo. Good old Walmart tv special for the outside. I am debating on putting a 15 by 10 retractable cover. Costco has one for about 1500 bucks. Gas lines will run to both gazebos. Thoughts
  • fhetter
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Sorry and the rest sod
  • PRO
    Wise Pool & Spa Service, Inc.
    10 years ago
    Sounds like fun! Congrats on your project! Definitely update us with after pics!
  • fhetter
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Sorry and the spa is from cal spas
  • PRO
  • PRO
    Sustainable Dwellings
    10 years ago
    You desperately need some retaining walls, maybe a couple of rows.