Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mariemiketoo

Please help, painter is ready and I can’t decide on paint color!

mariemiketoo
2 years ago

I’m stuck with brown garage doors and brown roof, also some windows have trim and some don’t. Need some ideas, painter power washed it in April and keeps asking me for the color. I keep going in circles. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

Comments (17)

• misecretary
    2 years ago

I like your place. Looks pretty good to me. However, if you want to change it up, perhaps look into staining vs. painting. You're painter will know the pros and cons of doing it.

• mariemiketoo
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you!! I will ask him. Any ideas on a color?

• cat_ky
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I would leave it the color it is. It looks great and its perfect for the setting on your house. I would however paint those garage doors the color of your windows. I cant tell for sure what color the windows are, almost looks a bit greenish?? You didnt ask, but, the landscaping could be improved considerably.

• mariemiketoo
    Original Author
    2 years ago

TY for all of the thoughts and suggestions!! Yes we need to work on landscaping for sure, we’ve planted a few trees that have died but we need to get another one. I will check on those green colors. TY, please keep sharing any and all ideas you may have!!

• barncatz
    2 years ago

I agree your house is a great color, darn it all. I can also see it in charcoal. By the way, I can't get our painter to appear. Why don't you keep thinking and send your painter my way?

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    2 years ago

May be warm off-white with dark trim?

• mariagrazia
    2 years ago

The white looks great. But cedar/wood houses are usually around lots of trees, where white will get dirty/moldy very fast. Just something to keep in mind.

• mariemiketoo
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Yes charcoal was top on my list before I posted the question. The white looks amazing!!! So inviting. But just as someone mentioned, there is a mold issue and I think it will show up on the white, that’s why I was thinking of the darker color. LOL I will send my painter your way and buy myself some more time😆

• mariemiketoo
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you so much for all of your comments and suggestions!!!

• barncatz
    2 years ago

Ha - you must be good luck. Our painter stopped by yesterday and confirmed he'll be starting third week in August.

Maybe look at Iron Mountain by Benjamin Moore - it's a brown based black that might work nicely with your doors. Best of luck - be sure you come back and show us what you decide. We're doing a BIG color change too, after 16 years, so I get how nerve wracking it is.

• littlebug zone 5 Missouri
    2 years ago

I like the sage green suggestion a lot and am wondering why you are stuck with brown garage doors. They can’t be painted to match the house?

• HU-187528210
    2 years ago

I like charcoal, black, or the above suggestion of iron mountain.
    I think your house is begging for dark colors.

• mariemiketoo
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I sure will! Thank you for all of your suggestions. This is the first time I’m asking for help here and I’m so glad I did!

• mariemiketoo
    Original Author
    2 years ago

As for the garage doors the painter said they can’t be painted….I don’t know why

• mariemiketoo
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Haha barncatz glad your painter showed up! Love the pic of the darker house with the light door😍

• mariemiketoo
    Original Author
    2 years ago

And I’ll check out iron mountain