Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
monica_breen

Do you have a sofa on wheels?

Monica Breen
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Does anyone have a sofa on casters? I'm curious if they move relatively far distances with ease, and in all directions. I am trying to create a living room area that can easily be moved into the next room and the sofa is of course the heaviest, most cumbersome piece of furniture. Thank you in advance!

Alana Lawson Three-Cushion Tight Back Sofa, Peach Orange Velvet · More Info

p.s. - if you have this sofa I'd like to know how you feel about the quality, I'm thinking about purchasing it.

Comments (5)

• elcieg
    2 years ago

I think you mean castors, and yes, I do have a sofa on castors. Does it make it easy to move? Easier than if it were not on castors. I didn't buy for mobility, I bought sofa with castors for the look. I think Jennifer Taylor products seem good. My sofa is from Interior Define. Love it.

Monica Breen thanked elcieg
  • Monica Breen
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks! Can you move your sofa in all directions with relative ease? On the Interior Define site - very nice couches!

• elcieg
    2 years ago

I hate to say with ease just because a sofa is awkward and heavy, so it is nothing like moving a desk chair with larger castors. Maybe you can find something similar in a local furniture store and give it a try.

I like furniture coasters or hand towels under legs for moving pieces on hardwood.

• Monica Breen
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks again!

• elcieg
    2 years ago

BTW love the sherbet sofa....what else are you doing in the room for colors?

I'm lovin' green again....flash back to my 60's decor. We called it "Avocado". Probably why I like the sherbet color....sick of gray.

Alana Lawson Recessed Arm Sofa Metal Casters Olive Green · More Info