Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_403142619

Interested in paint color recommendations with Calypso Oak floors

Ashley Welch
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I am having Coretec Calypso Oak flooring installed soon and interested in paint color recommendations. pics would be even better!

Comments (16)

• Amy Endler
    2 years ago

We are using agreeable gray from sherwin Williams. Happenings of our farmhome on Instagram has great pictures. She has white walls.

• Amy Endler
    2 years ago

Another view

• Amy Endler
    2 years ago

Another view

• Vineetha Hegde
    2 years ago

We used Benjamin moore Simply white with our Calypso oak floors.

• Steven Tucker
    2 years ago

@Amy Endler I would love to see photos when that is done being installed. My fiance and I love Calypso Oak and are trying to decide between Repose Gray or Agreeable Gray for the walls of our new house.

• Amy Endler
    2 years ago

Steven will share once our floors are uncovered. It’s a perfect greige, if you want more of a cooler gray I would go repose gray.

• Steven Tucker
    2 years ago

@Amy Endler cant wait to see them!

• Wanda Reeb
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I am not into grays. Does the Calypso Oak have gray in it. I had about decided on the Calypso Oak. The more reviews I read getting really confused. Dont want gray paint. Has anyone used Alabaster in Sherwin Williams. Or a moderate white in the Sherwin Williams. I need to decide soon.

• Amy Endler
    2 years ago

Calypso does not look gray at all. Take a look at happenings of our farmhome on Instagram or Facebook. She used a white based paint for her walls with calypso oak floors. Looks great.

• Wanda Reeb
    2 years ago

Thank you.

• Amy Endler
    2 years ago

Here are some updated and unfiltered photos of our calypso oak and agreeable gray. The photos look darker than in person. We’re so happy with the overall color and look!

• tiffmurphy4
    2 years ago

Hi Amy, Did you stain your stair posts and stair treads upstairs to match Calypso? Can you share what stain you used? Thanks!!

• Amy Endler
    2 years ago

Hi Tiff! I would be happy to share. It was quite the process to figure out, but it is really simple. We used white oak wood and did a light stain with minwax simply white and wiped off the excess. This preserves the woods natural color and if you wipe it it won’t look overly white (some areas on our treads have to thick of white stain I plan to sand and refinish). Then you seal it with polyurethane. I’ve also heard of others using bona Nordic sealed with bona high traffic hD. Hope that helps!!

• tiffmurphy4
    2 years ago

Thank you Amy for your response!!

• HU-555262307
    2 months ago

very pretty! What color is your Island painted? We are getting ready to put in Calypso oak and Agreeable grey in entire lake house and would like to paint bath vanity a coordinating grey. thanks