Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_936151956

Marvin Elevate Double-Hung with black interior/exterior

Kelly
2 years ago

Hello! I have scoured the discussion threads and haven't been able to answer my question, hoping someone can help!

Does anyone have Marvin Elevate Double Hung windows in their house that have a black interior and black exterior? I was ready to submit my order of ~18 windows when my sales guy came back and clarified that "some track components" will be in a beige color instead of black.

I'm desperate to see photos of a window like this in the wild - how obvious is this beige strip!? I'm considering switching my window color because of it...

I'm disappointed because I know that the Ultimate line offers black tracks in double-hungs but unfortunately we can't work with a 6-month lead time right now.

Can anyone out there help? :) Thank you!!

ps uploading an image I sent to my sales guy... he gave a very unhelpful answer that I THINK was saying this entire white track will be beige in my black window. I'm so curious to know if this is true and if it's less obvious than it seems like it would be!

Comments (9)

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    2 years ago

That looks pretty obvious- I would rethink the selection. Look at other manufacturers if need be, some have hidden tracks.

• Kelly
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you - I agree! I think we have decided to upgrade the double-hungs to the Ultimate line and deal with the lead time (it's currently 20 weeks for those who may be interested).

• Kelly
    Original Author
    2 years ago

For anyone else who finds this thread, I want to share this image I found which turned me away from doing the Elevate with black interiors - it's low res but I am pretty sure there is a white border around each window - would drive me crazy!

My window guy shared photos of an Anderson window which has the same issue but the tracks are less visible. If we weren't upgrading to the Ultimate line I would consider switching to these instead of doing the Elevate.

Wanted to also mention that we are keeping casement/picture windows in the Elevate line and upgrading only the double-hungs to the Ultimate line. I was delighted to find out that was an option and would work out aesthetically - apparently these lines are regularly mixed in the same home.

I hope your window selection process is less stressful than mine :)

• Denise S.
    last year

Thank you so much for posting this and pictures. Dealing with the same issue today.

• Kelly
    Original Author
    last year

Funny timing, mine just got installed yesterday and they look great! Let me know if you'd like to see any pics - I agree that the Ultimate and Elevate look 100% undetectably different in the same room. I would never notice!

• PRO
    East Bay 10
    last year

What consumers have to remember is that some of what seem like insurmountable issues (a beige track on a black interior etc.) are only an issue to you, the homeowner because you are stressing over them. Your friends and family are coming to your home to see YOU and won't even notice. I joke with many of my customers that if they do, ask them to leave! LOL!

• swang5512
    last year

In case this is helpful to others: when we went to our local showroom recently they specified the Elevate double hung can have all black - it doesn’t have the elegance of the Ultimate where there is a piece of wood that hide the track, but it’s hard to tell the difference from anywhere other than up close. Our sales person told us though you just have to make sure to specify on the quote that the “space/perimeter bars” are black, not stainless steel.

• maestrope
    last year
    last modified: last year

In case it matters, i am about to order Elevate double hungs in all white. i wanted to ensure that the jamb liners are white, not beige. My dealer told me that i needed to specify ”white weatherstripping” to ensure the jamb liners are white.

Maybe the same applies to black?

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor