Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donias_gad

Induction cooktop

donias_gad
2 years ago

Hi all, just need some advise!! I am in process to change my range to induction cooktop. I am not sure which one is good. I am between SamsungNZ30K7880UG/AA orBosch 800 Series NIT8069UC Please your feedback. Much appreciated!!!

Comments (8)

• donias_gad
    Original Author
    2 years ago

thank you I will do

• wdccruise
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Note that all Bosch induction appliances have an inconvenient control design: one must first select an element (aka burner) and then use the single slider to set the power level. Other cooktops have a control for each element. (I like knobs like on the Frigidaire Professional FPIC3077RF.)

donias_gad thanked wdccruise
  • mominstl
    2 years ago

We have a Bosch induction cooktop. My piece of advice would be to find one that has the largest burner closest to the front of the cooktop. Our configuration has 2 connected rectangular burners on left, small circle right front, large circle right rear. My problem with this design is that I do most of my cooking on the largest burner, which is to the rear. While the distance doesn't seem like it would matter that much, I find my arm gets tired reaching to the back, particularly with a recipe that requires a lot of stirring. I almost never actually join the two burners on the left because they aren't wide enough to accomodate a skillet that would be large enough to use them both. However, I do have a rectangular Le Creuset griddle pan that I use occasionally. I would also choose one where you can clearly see the markings for the burner dimensions. I thought I would like it if they were less visible, but that has only led to difficulty trying to figure out where to place the pan. My cooktop does have some scratches and a couple of marks from something that just won't come off. And something must have dropped on the edge and chipped the edge slightly. We cook a lot so I didn't expect it to remain pristine. I think all of the glass is made by the same manufacturer so I doubt that is an issue you can control anyway. I love my induction though. It heats up wicked fast and I don't have to worry about burning down the house if I forget to turn it off!

donias_gad thanked mominstl
  • donias_gad
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I have heard if you spilled water on it . it will shut down automatically. is it something bothering you while you are cooking?

• wdccruise
    2 years ago

@mominstl: "My piece of advice would be to find one that has the largest burner closest to the front of the cooktop."

The GE Profile PHP9030DJBB has the largest element at the front.

• mominstl
    2 years ago

It is true that it will shut down if water overflows, however, I have only found that to be helpful. I am an easily distracted cook and tend to forget what I am doing. Pots of pasta will boil up and over. The cooktop shuts off so it stops before it becomes a collossal mess. A small spill of water isn't going to activate that. What I have found to be annoying is if I place something in the very front of the cooktop (on top of controls), it will loudly and repeatedly beep at me (and I think it will shut it off). I would turn that off if I could. So if I set a cookie sheet on the cooktop or move a pot over and it touches the front section, It beeps like crazy.

• mominstl
    2 years ago

@wdccruise I like the layout of the GE Profile better than mine. This Miele version has a nice layout too. It really brings that big one forward. https://www.mieleusa.com/e/induction-cooktop-km-6360-9775890-p