Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katie_niemi70

Pottery Barn sofa fabrics

Katie Geenen
2 years ago

I’m interested in the PB Comfort Sofa and deciding between the Performance Twill and Sunbrella Performance Sahara Weave fabrics. We need something that will hold up well with two kids and a dog. Does anyone have experience with these fabrics?

Comments (2)

• Amber R
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I am also looking at performance twill vs warm white denim vs regular twill, I am afraid too afraid to be dissappointed with the sunbrella performance sahara weave as the cost is so much higher. I want a machine washable fabric. My concern about the performance twill, though PB says it’s machine washable, the perfromance twill has been ’treated’ as listed on their website ,which like the everyday crypton linen also being ‘treated’ (per PB customer chat online helper) and I believe that’s why it has to be dry cleaned. Previous posts, someone machine washed their everyday crypton linen and some areas molted.

unfortunately, the regular twill only has 15,000 rub count, and the performance twill is 100,000 rub count, which in the end will last much longer. the white denim has 50,000 rub count, which is great. my other concern is the performance twill being treated, may be stiff and make the sofa less comfortable regardless of the type of cushion fill.

I am going this weekend or friday to PB to check out the fabrics and will check out the sunbrella performance sahara weave fabrics, but honestly they are beyond my budget for this sofa

:(. I don’t know if this helps you. Do you have any concerns?

Mine are: pilling and knot formation on the fabric. And must be machine washable.

Since the performance twill is treated, if you machine wash it, how will that affect the ’treated’ areas? Will it alter its performance. I would like to wash as often as I find the sofa dirty without disparaging its performance status if I am to pay more.

Katie Geenen thanked Amber R
  • Amber R
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Went to PB and saw the performance twill sofa display in warm white, and it was beautiful, felt sturdy and strong, that was actually on a sofa. not too stiff, it was crisp, clean looking!

however not as thick the white warm denim when comparing fabric, though performance twill was 100,000 rub count, it was thinner than white denim 50,000 rub count. and not too different than regular twill 15,000 rub count. i must say the material for slipcpvered sofa appeared thinner than any ikea sofacover as the farlov or the uppland white slipvover, pb strangely actually did not compare in sturdiness and thickness to ikea sofa fabric slipcovers-not talking bout stain resistance here, just the quality and thickness of sofa slipcover.

tried for the feel of the sunbrella performance weave and did not care for it. but my taste is more cotton twill type.

this is from other thread: