Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

Who's coming to visit?! Brrrrrrrrrrr!

Faron79
2 years ago

Hee-heeee!!

Gonna be -25F ACTUAL tomorrow in Fargo tomorrow morning!!!! We've been colder 2-3 times this winter. Areas just a bit further N in ND & MN have been -30F!!

So-

Call ahead if I need to make some coffee for ya!!

Faron

Comments (15)

• texanjana
    2 years ago

Brrr! 81 here today, wind chill in the teens tomorrow. Never a dull weather moment in Texas!

• bpath
    2 years ago

Yep, that's why mom, all her siblings, and eventually their mom, are FROM Fargo.

• summersrhythm_z6a
    2 years ago

I hope you don’t have to walk a dog outside in that temperature. It’s bad enough to walk my dog in sub zero from time to time. We will experience that again this Fri and Sat It’s super hot compare to yours! Stay inside!

• deegw
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

NOPE :)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    2 years ago

Yikes! I've never experienced cold like that...hope to never have to!

• SweetSugarRose64
    2 years ago

And here I was shivering last week when it hit 9-10F that night. Keep warm and stay safe!

• summersrhythm_z6a
    2 years ago

I am just wondering how much the avg houeholds heating bill is over there. The furnace won’t be able to stop running.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

Fargo, oh my ... no thanks! Do you have snow?Is that a dumb question? I guess I mind the cold a bit less if I have pretty snow!

Texanjana, crazy!

• Faron79
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I remember 2 years ago in Dallas, Frisco specifically. Our NDSU Bison Football team won their EIGHTH FCS Championship! I think it was our 5th trip there.....

Anyway- early Jan. 2020. DW & I flew down there, along with thousands of other NDSU Bison-fans. We were actually able to stay 3 nights for a change. BUT....Friday night into Gameday-Saturday.....a strong front was coming through. Heavy T-storms & a couple tornado's. Then....dear God.....SNOW & Cold for the game! Grrrrrrr! Grounds-Crews were blowing-off the yardlines @ Toyota-Stadium with Leaf-Blowers!!!! I was so pi**ed, and COLD! By the 4th qtr., it might have reached the 40's. During the 1st-half, it was a degree or 2 warmer.....IN FARGO! WTH.... ;-)

"Thanks" Dallas! Hee-heee!

Take a close look at my little Avatar. It's me on the Cowboy-Star! Had to tour Cowboy Stadium!

Faron

• jakabedy
    2 years ago

It’s not Fargo, but much like @bpath family, my boyfriend and his parents are very much FROM Minneapolis.

• arcy_gw
    2 years ago

My dad's favorite morning activity after we moved down to Fargo, was checking the temp in Anchorage against Fargo. Fargo was colder more times than not. Move to Minot Faron then we'll talk!!! How was the wind yesterday? Guessing my son has some drift management going on today.

• DLM2000-GW
    2 years ago

I'll wave to you, Faron - from far, far away!

• Sueb20
    2 years ago

And this is why we visit our MN/SD family only in the summer!

• Springroz
    2 years ago

Also why my family is FROM MN….my DF left for the Navy in January, and was sent to FL…..wrote home and said the other 8 boys could HAVE the MN dairy farm life!!!

• Moxie
    2 years ago

I moved TO MN. I learned quickly that being chipper about our winters can change beat-about-the-bushes "Minnesota nice" into amazing directness: "You are in need of psychiatric care!"