Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_680093237

Kitchen reno - need help picking tile, backsplash & countertop

SHY
2 years ago

I am renovating my kitchen (old kitchen pic below). I am keeping the same L shape layout plus the island but getting the cabinets professionally painted white and changing the handles to bronze (see sample below). I am also changing the kitchen floor, backsplash and countertop. I picked out a few items but wanted to get some advice on the overall design. I can't change the layout or the cabinet color but I haven't installed the floor, backsplash or picked out a countertop yet. The dining room, kitchen and living room are all on the same floor. The dining room and living room have Mirage Escape Providence hard wood (pictured below). The kitchen will have radiant heat so we would like to use porcelain tiles for the kitchen. I picked out Great Lake Michigan tile from Floor and Decor which is a warm color and has some grey and brown but I am worried that the tile may look dirty or may not match the overall color or design. My husband picked out the arabesque dolomite backsplash. As for countertop, I was leaning towards ETUDE from home depot or something that is white and has a hint of brown or grey. Is the floor color OK? Is the overall look okay? Any suggestions?

Comments (8)