Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
just_terrilynn

What is your weather today where you live?

just_terrilynn
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

It's 57 here on Florida's east coast but it feels much colder to me. Tonight it's meant to get down to 37. This morning my little dog needed two coats.

Comments (59)

• 3katz4me
    2 years ago

Sunny and relatively mild here in MN - 27 degrees - warmest it's been in a while. Good luck to all of you in the storm's path - keep us posted.

• Tina Marie
    2 years ago

We have had beautiful sunny weather all week here in East TN. Just went to pick up my grocery order and it is 37 out. Next week is supposed to be warmer (several days in the 50s), but rainy. Like Lynn, I can see snow on the mountaintops from our front.

• Springroz
    2 years ago

Beautiful day!!! Not warm, but I was motivated to carry the battery weedeater down to the road and weedeat the fence! Nice 1/2 mile walk, carrying a 30 lb weedeater. WE only got a little of that icy light snow last noight, but I was in the barn when it hit, and it blew through all the door jambs and joints in the barn walls!

• arkansas girl
    2 years ago

It was cold and sunny today. It is way too cold for my liking! Getting single digits in the mornings...I don't like it at all! We still have the same 12 + inches of snow that have fallen over the last couple of weeks, it just isn't going anywhere because it's too cold to melt. I'll be glad when it's gone because it is hard do any outdoor activities right now. UGH!

• just_terrilynn
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I was just on the Weather Channel and hope all you people in the North East are coping with the flooding, snow and blizzards. It looks scary! Boy do I feel sorry for those without power that have no generator or at least a fireplace. I hate being cold and couldn't imagine.

• jojoco
    2 years ago

It was cold (16 degrees) and snowing today outside of Philly. Conditions were bad enough that I didn't go to work. Then again, I imagine very few people ventured out to Longwood today.

• Jilly
    2 years ago

I feel for all of you in the extreme cold. :(

We’re at 67 today, low in 30s. Our weather has been fluctuating so wildly this month … freezing some days, shorts the next. Typical Texas.

• hcbm
    2 years ago

Blizzard like conditions, 12 inches of snow and windy. Stayed inside and dusted watched the weather and walked on the treadmill. No hiking outside for me today.

• Fun2BHere
    2 years ago

65º F. and grey, but no rain approximately 50 miles south of @nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

• Kaya
    2 years ago

Gorgeous here - a sunny 68 today and same expected tomorrow. I had the top down on the car earlier when I was out and about, and DH and I just came in from a long walk. I'd be happy if it stayed this way, but I'm sure wintry weather will accost us before too much longer.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    2 years ago

Zero degrees F this am when I got up, but brightly sunny all day. I think the high temp was 18F, and a bit of a wind chill (started out around 10 mph, now down to 6-7mph.) We have a couple of inches of snow on the ground, maybe 3-4" at most. The last snowfall overnight to Friday AM was very light and fluffy, so easy to clear the drive and sidewalk.

ETA: the power went out at my DD's apartment at about 11pm, coldest night of the year! and wasn't restored until 5:30am. But, she coped with layers and blankets and her cats LOL! Didn't call to see if she could come over.

• Oakley
    2 years ago

I'm just popping in and will be back later, but I was wondering if those of you in the storm are having fun? If I didn't lose power I'd be having a blast!

• rich69b
    2 years ago

Midtown Chicago right now 22⁰, and windy. Sunny earlier, but temp was in the teens. Either way, too cold.

• OllieJane
    2 years ago

67 degrees in central Oklahoma!

• westsider40
    2 years ago

70 s, cloudless blue sky in Tucson. no shoveling anymore.

• texanjana
    2 years ago

Beautiful 67 degrees and sunny.

• Jilly
    2 years ago

Just checked for next week (D/FW), chance of a snowflake Thursday:

• robo (z6a)
    2 years ago

Blizzard and ice storm! (Yesterday)

• gsciencechick
    2 years ago

22 degrees this morning. Dusting of snow from yesterday is gone. It will be back to mid-60's by mid-week. Yay.

• User
    2 years ago

We are still in Destin Fl getting BIL packed. leave tomorrow. its been so cold here . 32 this AM at least its sunny today. This area is called the Emerald Coast due to the water color. The sand is also SO white. We used to come to Grayton Beach Fl state park for years and years to tent camp and ride our bikes. We won’t be back. Too far.

Sand not snow! DH winter jacket wind was fierce at Henderson Beach on Thursday.

• party_music50
    2 years ago

Trailrunner, I initially thought I was seeing a cross-country skier in your 2nd thumbnail image. lol!

It was -15F here this morning. We're going to have a (rare) sunny day! :)

• User
    2 years ago

@party_music50 DH uses a hiking stick on uneven terrain due to limited vision. c

• woodrose
    2 years ago

Sunny, chilly 37F, some snow on the ground in central Kentucky - beautiful Sunday!

• Lars
    2 years ago

It was 75° yesterday but is only supposed to be 70° today. It was 61° when I got up today, but I did sleep late.

Most photos of snow look like sand to me.

• terezosa / terriks
    2 years ago

We have been having unseasonal warm and sunny weather for most of January.

Forecast here in Southern Oregon

• bpath
    2 years ago

Robo, look at your little helper!

• Lukki Irish
    2 years ago

yesterday it was an even 0 when I got up and it warmed up to 16ish. Today is better, woke up to 14 and it’s 22 now and the high is supposed to hit a balmy 26. We got about 5 inches last week which is still on the ground and flurries are expected tonight. I keep my bottled water in the garage and it’s frozen solid.

• summersrhythm_z6a
    2 years ago

It’s hot today, 23F now, this morning was 4F. We had many days from sub zero to single digits, can’t live wothout a full length fur coat. Walking dog has been difficult, it takes my dog 45 mins to an hour to finish his mission.

• Tina Marie
    2 years ago

@Sueb20 how much snow did you get? (and others up that way)

@User I think the sand in Destin is loosely packed and to me, hard to walk on.

• PRO
    MDLN
    2 years ago

• User
    2 years ago

@Sueb20 i think it depends on time of year and also we walk closer to the water which helps . and the loose sand is good for those glutes!!!! 😳

• Sueb20
    2 years ago

Tina, hard to tell with the effects of the wind, but I’m guessing 15-18” here.

• ninasmom
    2 years ago

Fun times here- apparently the snow was fluffy yesterday, not so much today.

Guess we need a new plow guy. 2 unhappy backs, and a long driveway, Second time neighbor didn’t show up, but was only a verbal ’contract’.

Hope everyone has power now!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    2 years ago

Sueb. Your house is just beautiful! I love the look of a house lit up and warm in the snow.

We got like 6". Good excuse to snuggle in. I just love snow. There are only 3 acceptable things to see out my window: white (snow); green (leaves, grass), or blue (water). We have had snow on the ground here since mid Dec so I am happy.

DH says it can't be good kharma to allow this (side garden, today)

• nicole___
    2 years ago

We're expecting 5"-6" of snow starting to come down tomorrow evening....in Colorado.

2 years ago

Fifth day in a row of sunshine!!! It's a miracle! but it will end tonight :(

This winter seems to have been more overcast than usual - and central Ohio typically has more overcast days than not in winter.

• Tina Marie
    2 years ago

More sun here and mid-50's. We have had a beautiful sunny few weeks! We have rain coming in I think Thursday - Saturday, but I won't complain.

• Jilly
    2 years ago

My town today:

• RNmomof2 zone 5
    2 years ago

Yes we have 12-18 inches predicted for us tomorrow. I'm excited as it is our first this year.

• party_music50
    2 years ago

We’re supposed to have above freezing temps today!!! It’s been a long time….

• Lars
    2 years ago

Here's our forecast, but we will be going to the desert on Saturday:

Forecast for Cathedral City, including the beginning of next weeK:

• party_music50
    2 years ago

Wow, Lars, I’ve never seen that much sun. :p

• Lars
    2 years ago

Sunny is the norm here. The rare days that we have cloudy skies are very intriguing. The skies are especially clear and blue in the desert.

• User
    2 years ago

21 F right now in Lexington VA. Will be sunny all day and rain starts tonight thru Fri. Then lots of sun everyday starting Saturday with 40’s as highs for awhile.

Big issue is we have house closing tomorrow. Cleaner can’t come til Saturday. We can’t get trailer up to house so some of my son’s W&L fraternity boys are coming to carry everything up to house hopefully Sunday so I can return trailer. Still lots of Jan10 th snow and ice on the ground. Our house in back right this was closest and least

icy place to park. BIL forgot cane in car and almost fell!!!

• daisychain Zn3b
    2 years ago

We are just coming out of a long blizzard and back to frigid temps (please note my user name for reference).

I've been using shovelling as my ab work out this winter and really haven't had to miss a day.

All the highways were closed yesterday which sucked because my mom had a CT scan booked to further investigate a mass they saw in her last one on her lung. They've managed to reschedule for next week, which is a miracle as, from what I understand, all medical tests, etc. are backed up due to C.

• Oakley
    2 years ago

We may be the only state that does this, but everything is closed, from schools, court houses, offices...except gas stations and stores. And nothing on the ground. State of Emergency. lol

Frigid and snow and ice expected later and tomorrow.

2 years ago

Sure, Lars, rub it in!

It is in the depths of January that I annually wonder why I left San Diego...

• just_terrilynn
    Original Author
    2 years ago

The last couple of days have been really nice here. Today is a bit warmer at 80 but we have had weather in the 70's. I love 70's weather! We recently discovered a little gem of restaurant that we have driven past a zillion times. The area is a bit dodgy and it's in a somewhat rundown 1960's strip plaza. OMG the food is all so fresh and wonderful. The back is on a canal with a tiki roof and tiki torches. I love sitting out and dining in this weather. Around mid May it starts getting too hot.

• 3katz4me
    2 years ago

Five degrees and sunny here in MN - had a light dusting of snow earlier today. We haven't had significant snowfall in a while but lots of below zero temps - usually doesn't snow when it's that cold.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio