Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_808796935

Cambria Quartz Countertops from Home Depot?

P S
2 years ago

Has anyone used the Home Depot exclusive Cambria quartz countertops in Whitendale or Dovestone?

Comments (19)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    2 years ago

How will this help you. You do realixe you will not be able to choose slabs for sure so are you comfortable with that or not . IMO choosing slabs for a counter is a must .

• Jen K (7b, 8a)
    2 years ago

I've chosen two countertops using small samples only and I've been very proud of my choices. There's no MUST, there's 'it would be better if you could but your life won't be ruined if you can't...'

The first time I chose granite from a small sample it was a whim, with no online consulting and it turned out great. This last time I chose quartz, from a small sample, with online consulting and referencing - which turned out equally great.

I think for many people it's hard for them to envision the entire slab and the space with the slab so the small sample doesn't come to fruition in real life. I just happen to be able to envision spaces, probably from all the moving we've done.

Hope someone can comment on the two styles you're asking about. They're very similar.

Whittendale https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBK2CEvNTLY

Dovestone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DcTpuTppw8

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    2 years ago

When you're as large and powerful as HD, you can order manufacturers to give you exclusivity on slabs and bowls.

• dckids50
    last year

our local HD uses a reputable local stone fabricator.

• socks
    last year

I would worry more about the fabricators than anything else.

• PRO
    Granite City Services
    last year

"There's no MUST, there's 'it would be better if you could but your life won't be ruined if you can't...': this turns out not to be the case. Regular viewers of this forum are familiar with the frequent and repeated posts about some significant issue with their new countertops that could've been avoided simply by reviewing the slabs before sawing. Often people are very dissatisfied with some aspect of the countertop material that could've easily been avoided during fabrication if the customer had viewed the slabs and expressed their concerns. Your sample of two is too small to make any general conclusions.

• Carbo
    11 months ago

How did it turn out? Considering Cambria installed by HD.

• Lynn Lou
    11 months ago

@Carbo I'm having Cambria installed this Friday. I purchased through HD and their fabricator was the same fabricator I was going to use anyway. I had already gone to their warehouse and picked the design and had a quote from them. I didn't realize HD carried the particular design I wanted. Their pricing was about 12% (originally was about 19% but HD missed one of the counters :/ ) less than going directly to fabricator. The fabricator didn't care either way since they'd be doing the install anyway. Once I paid HD, I then dealt directly with the fabricator. Just make sure you have HD verify with the fabricator that you get to see the template prior to them cutting it. It is near impossible to pick from the small samples, so see if you can go to fabricators showroom to see the slabs in person. They gave me a big piece they had just cut and then I also ordered samples from Cambria. If you have a design in mind, search on here for the name of it to see if others have had any issues with matching seams etc. Ideally you want a layout that has no seams if possible. I lucked out and only needed 126.5" and the slab is 128". Good luck!

• Carbo
    11 months ago

Wow thanks! I am only doing an island right now so seams are not an issue. Agree that the prices seem to be better with HD, especially this week with 20 pct off! It just seems there is a long lag between template and install, like 5 weeks. Was that your experience? The issue I have is trying to match the island slab to the existing countertops that will eventually replace. Glad to hear that the fabricator they are using is decent and you could see the slabs.

• Lynn Lou
    11 months ago

@Carbo The 20% off is nice! But just know they will run the sale again in a few weeks. That is what the gal at my HD told me at least. That's great you won't need a seam. When do you think you'd do the rest of the counters? I would maybe wait and do them all at the same time so you can coordinate everything. It was only about 3 weeks from template to install. Template on 5/11 and install 6/2. We did go back and forth a bit about supports for the island, so that did cost a couple days. But still, can't complain about 3 weeks!

• Carbo
    11 months ago

Good tip on the sale, I feel like I can relax a bit now. I will definitely take a pause now and consider doing it all. Thanks. Would love to see your final result!

• Carbo
    11 months ago

Update, I just spoke with someone at HD who said that the sale will likely be on again in a few weeks HOWEVER, they will be resetting all their colors which means prices could go up. They are also expected to get alot more Cambria colors.

• Lynn Lou
    11 months ago

Interesting. Could be a sales tactic or legit. I know I thought I wanted Lakedale originally and the local Cambria fabricator couldn't get that design. It was only a HD design. So that is why I got the inital quote from them. Then we went to the fabricator's showroom and decided on Southport. I reached out to HD just to see if they could get Southport at the same price....and they could. I found it odd that HD could get all of the designs, but local fabricators couldn't. Keep us posted what you decide.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    11 months ago

" I found it odd that HD could get all of the designs, but local fabricators couldn't."

It's not odd at all. HD tells Cambria "With the amount of Cambria we're buying from you, we'll have colors exclusive to us." Cambria complies.

Never underestimate the leverage the big boxes have with manufacturers. When they decide they will sell at the lowest prices, they will. Game over. You cannot compete.

• Lynn Lou
    11 months ago

@Joseph Corlett, LLC I get it, but was just shocked when I couldn't get it from my fabricator. I would never have guessed HD carried Cambria (and I'm in HD a lot lol!) until I was told the fabricator couldn't get the design I wanted. And that's when I discovered on Cambria's website that that design was only offered through HD. I guess there are people who do start gathering kitchen ideas while walking through HD. I'm glad I found out about it because I was able to save a few bucks while still using the same fabricator I had planned to use.

• Lynn Lou
    11 months ago

@Carbo Our install went great today! I expected it would since I am familiar with this fabricator and was so happy when I heard that HD was using them. And the best part...no seam! He said they do really good with the seams and they are hardly noticable, but I'm happy I don't have to pick it apart and post on here about a bad seam lol! Did you make a decision yet? Good luck!

• Carbo
    11 months ago

Looks fantastic! enjoy!

• Blythe
    10 months ago

Carbo @Cardo do you think the Home Depot Cambria sale will be this month? I’ve been looking at Lakedale through NFM for our bathroom and saw it was at HD as well. Would love to get it on sale! I’ve been out to the Cambria showroom to see all the designs on slabs to arrive at Lakedale. I’m also considering Lowe’s “Peaceful” which is the same as Hanstone’s Monatuk. And Lowe’s is running a 30% sale now through 6/21. I love the Lakedale design more but will pick between the two based on cost and sale.