Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
astevens4676

Are these pictures too big? Lamps ok?

angel
2 years ago

I am stil fixing this wall. Need help deciding if these pictures and lamps work.

im also planning to get new furnitue but not sure what to get. ive been wanting a chage for 10 years.

Comments (8)

• housegal200
    2 years ago

I don't understand what I'm looking at. You're photoshopping the massive TV and fireplace structure against that wall. If so, the structure is oversized for that room.

Why not something like this? Accent wall to make the wide TV screen disappear and art. Change out your drapes to something sophisticated. If budget is a concern, check Ikea for cabinets--maybe two wide, low cabinets side by side to fill the wall all the way across. Some of their bookcases, turned sideways would work also.

The Pontiac · More Info

Lakewood----Dallas, Tx · More Info

If you must have a fireplace:

Transitional Family Room · More Info

TV blending in with art you like. I would put chairs facing window.

The Soho Loft · More Info

• stellarceline
    2 years ago

They are fine but kind of boring. I wouldn't do the exact same thing on both sides, I would make them different but balanced.

• houssaon
    2 years ago

I think that the pictures are too big. You don't need lamps there. Have the lamps nearer to the seating are. Use table lamps and a floor lamps.

Can you lower the TV? Or move it to the wall on the left. Then swing the sectional around to be in front of the windows.

Here is the lowered TV and smaller pictures. You could put pottery on the shelf or potted plants.

• elcieg
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

The size of the art is okay, but as dupllicates are dull and boring. I think this inspiration photo will give you some great ideas. Notice plants, lamps, etc.

• decoenthusiaste
    2 years ago

A total of 25% of the wall space right and left of the pictures should be exposed. A four foot wide wall would need a minimum of 6" of exposed wall on the right and left of the art. Those are too big. The lamps could work but the shades are too small and either the harp is too tall or the shades are too short. The neck of the lamp shouldn't be so exposed, a shorter harp can help with that. Here are some general guidelines. I also suggest white shades that won't cast a yellow light, and you can upgrade to LEDs in the 3500K range if you want a more natural daylight look. Put them on dimmers for TV watching in the evening.

• Sammie J
    2 years ago

The artwork is a bit too big, and the lamps are a bit too small. Can you try something? Don't center the artwork top/bottom in the space - instead, have it relate to the cabinets below by lowering the pics a bit. Then, get some big, chunkly pieces of pottery to replace the lamps.

Now - the biggest issue. Can you lower the tv???? It is making the entire space look top-heavy. See Houssaon's image - that is the height you want.

• lucky998877
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

If that is a gas linear fireplace...and there is no mantle...most likely the tv cannot be lowered. They put out quite a lot of heat, electronics will fry. But I can't tell, maybe it's electric/no heat?

• cawaps
    2 years ago

If you actually like the art and want to highlight it, the table lamps aren't doing it any favors. A picture lamp over each piece would show it off better. If the artwork is just there to fill space, then table lamps are fine. You might go a bit bigger; I don't like that the bottom of the shade lines up with the bottom of the art.

I do think the art is a bit oversized for the space. There's very little room to space width-wise, so they look cramped.

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022