Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fnmroberts

Grandsons Rocking Harley

fnmroberts
2 years ago

Almost 18 years ago my husband built a rocker for our grandson when he was only a year old. His cousin, younger grandson, then rode it further. Now it’s back with the builder awaiting the next generation.

Loosely designed around a photo of a Harley, he spent 5-months spare time building this.

Comments (25)

• mojomom
    2 years ago

That’s so special! Wonderful craftmanship!

fnmroberts thanked mojomom
  • Jilly
    2 years ago

That’s awesome! My dad is a long-time Harley guy, am going to show him this.

What a treasure. :)

fnmroberts thanked Jilly
  • nekotish
    2 years ago

Wow - what a labour of love and such a treasure. I'm sure it will be cherished for generations to come. My Dad made each of our twin daughters a cradle, which they spent a great deal of time in, the first few weeks of their lives. They have been stored carefully, awaiting the next generation.

fnmroberts thanked nekotish
  • jojoco
    2 years ago

Aww, such a beautiful gift. And such talent!

fnmroberts thanked jojoco
  • sas95
    2 years ago

That is great!

fnmroberts thanked sas95
  • Fun2BHere
    2 years ago

That's is a beautiful piece of art. I hope many more generations are able to enjoy it.

fnmroberts thanked Fun2BHere
  • arcy_gw
    2 years ago

What a gift--it's held up so well. This is what's known as an heirloom piece!!

fnmroberts thanked arcy_gw
  • lizbeth-gardener
    2 years ago

That is a piece of art-beautiful craftsmanship! Does he just do woodworking as a hobby or is this his field? Such detail. I've always envied people who could build-such a gift!

fnmroberts thanked lizbeth-gardener
  • lucillle
    2 years ago

A beautiful memory maker!

fnmroberts thanked lucillle
  • Kswl
    2 years ago

Such a fine piece of woodworking and a lovely heirloom. Your DH is very talented!

fnmroberts thanked Kswl
  • Re Tired
    2 years ago

That's a wonderful treasure beautifully done.

fnmroberts thanked Re Tired
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Wow - that is super impressive and very cool!

fnmroberts thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • bpath
    2 years ago

It’s an instant heirloom, and a work of art besides!

fnmroberts thanked bpath
  • fnmroberts
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@lizbeth-gardener - Thank you, just a hobbiest though he’s made many home improvements. He actually sold most of his woodworking equipment a few years ago to make more space in the garage The Rocking Harley has been one of his favorite projects so it will be a conversation piece for awhile.

• olychick
    2 years ago

It's stunning! Hope you'll have a girl in the family who will get to ride it someday!

fnmroberts thanked olychick
  • fnmroberts
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@olychick - thank you, he actually built a traditional Rocking Horse for our granddaughter. She’s keeping it. If I can locate photos I’ll add them

• Annie Deighnaugh
    2 years ago

Fabulous!

• DLM2000-GW
    2 years ago

That is awesome! What a labor of love!

• rubyclaire
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Wow - what a beautiful piece! Your husband is a talented craftsman and loving grandpa.

fnmroberts thanked rubyclaire
  • teeda
    2 years ago

Your husband is incredibly talented. What a beautiful heirlooom he has created!

fnmroberts thanked teeda
  • Arapaho-Rd
    2 years ago

That is amazing and what a special gift !!

fnmroberts thanked Arapaho-Rd
  • fnmroberts
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you all for these very nice compliments.

He read them all and actually fell quiet, then said he fears for our future family but hopes it leaves a memory for a century.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

A true work of art, not to mention a family heirloom. Kudos to your DH for the workmanship and love he put into this piece. I’ll show this to my DH (we had a Gold Wing and several other bikes over the years) and some of our Harley friends. They will love it.

fnmroberts thanked OutsidePlaying
  • nini804
    2 years ago

And the precious plate with his name…the whole thing is amazing! I bet Will had a blast riding on that!💕

fnmroberts thanked nini804