Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k8cd

Tile Help please! Anatolia - La Marca line

k8cd
last year
last modified: last year

Has anyone used tile from the La Marca line by Anatolia? We are considering it for our primary bathroom but can't find many pictures. And our tile place doesn't have a sample that we can take with us.

I had been searching for a marble look porcelain tile for our primary bath. Ideally a basket weave for the floor but the only one I found was about double what I want to spend. I did find the mosaics below. I like the look of the Modella Mosaic but it only comes polished (DCOF < 0.42 - too slippery?).

The Picco Mosaic comes in honed (DCOF > 0.45). We would do either 24x48 panels or 12x24 tiles in the shower. Either the 2" hex (with modella) or squares (with picco) on the shower floor. Both in honed.

I want something with more warmth which would be the Calacatta Paonazzo (green circles) but am worried it might be too busy. I also like the Statuario Nuovo (blue circles) because it looks a little simpler.

Thought? Opinions? I am open to other lines - ideally with a mosaic floor that pairs with a larger tile for the shower.

Thanks for your help!

Kate

Primary Bath · More Info

Primary Bath · More Info

Primary Bath · More Info

Primary Bath · More Info

Primary Bath · More Info

Primary Bath · More Info

Comments (7)

• PRO
    Skippack Tile & Stone
    last year

The tile line is fine; availability on everything may be the issue. Lots of SKU are on back order. As for the size to use, I suggest the 12x24 given the sizes of the space. Go to the better tile shops in your area; there are plenty of tile lines out there that have coordinating mosaics to go with the field tiles.

k8cd thanked Skippack Tile & Stone
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last year

IMO 12 x24 both for floor and shower walls is my go to . Too many finishes in a bathroom look ,ike you could not make up your mind so you got them all. The number of grout lines is my biggest tought since I clean my bathroom. I would do a nice marble look porcelain tile in 12 x24 and use the accent tile that you like for maybe a vertical strip in the shower and as a backsplash . I never like mosaics on the floor they are busy and drive all the other choices Keep it simple and you will love it for a long time.

k8cd thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • k8cd
    Original Author
    last year

Patricia Colwell Consulting Thank you so much for your comment. It made me realize that even though those are the closest tiles to what I hoped to find, that I don't really love either of them. And they are much more energetic than what I wanted. I don't want a lot of grout lines but am worried about slipping. Even the honed tiles looked slick in that line. The search continues.

As for a backsplash, I had been thinking about doing something like the picture below. It looks like a great way to maximize our storage since the vanity is small. Would you do a backsplash with it?

• k8cd
    Original Author
    last year

https://www.houzz.com/photos/black-oaks-lane-traditional-bathroom-minneapolis-phvw-vp~157699226

I can't get the picture to post for some reason, but here is the link. It would not be blue. Maybe stained wood (midtone) or green.

• 5kuehls
    last month

I know it has been a while, but if you have any photos of how the tile turned out, I'd love to see. We are considering that line and, calacatta paonazzo specifically.

• k8cd
    Original Author
    last month

We ended up going a completely different direction. But I would love to see photos of you use the tile- it is very pretty!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!