Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_339647040

Ray Liotta has died.

Jilly
last year

One of my all-time favorite actors. We watch Goodfellas several times a year, and so many others. He was 67.

Comments (18)

• cooper8828
    last year

I was so saddened to see this. The article I read said he died in his sleep and was in the middle of filming a new movie.

Jilly thanked cooper8828
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

Cooper, it’s so shocking! And I think he was engaged?

• l pinkmountain
    last year
    last modified: last year

My favorite movie of his was "Corinna Corinna." I really like that movie overall. Even though I think Whoopi Goldberg was a little miscast . . .

Of course Goodfellas, OMG, what a movie. But I am not a huge fan of cinematic violence. But sure shows the downside of organized crime . . .

I also enjoyed his cameo on "Modern Family" which is one of my favorite shows.

Edited to add that I also loved him in "Heartbreakers" with Sigourney Weaver. Not a great movie, but great cast and considering most movies, well maybe it was great . . .

I forgot about his turn in "Something Wild." I didn't like that movie. And I wanted to. Started out interesting, got too ridiculous.

Jilly thanked l pinkmountain
  • LynnNM
    last year

I literally just finished reading about it online. So sad! He was a great actor and, by all accounts, a really nice person.

Jilly thanked LynnNM
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

Nekotish, that’s awesome! I would’ve made a complete fool of myself. :D

• DLM2000-GW
    last year

He was one of the somewhat underrated greats. Watching trailers of some of his movies that I haven't seen - I sense a line-up coming.

Jilly thanked DLM2000-GW
  • Oakley
    last year

Oh, DH will be so sad. He really was underrated.

Jilly thanked Oakley
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

DLM, two of my favs are Cop Land and Unlawful Entry.

Man, this is sad!

ETA: Oh, and Identity. That movie is WILD.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    last year

Seemed like a lovely person. Too young.

Jilly thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • bpath
    last year

And so, we watched Field of Dreams tonight. I never realized how much poetry is in that movie.

Jilly thanked bpath
  • Mama Cita
    last year

Did anyone else ever google to find out whether his eyes were Maybelline? So expressive. Underrated to this day.

Jilly thanked Mama Cita
  • Mama Cita
    last year

Yes Jinx on Identity, a fav plot twist ending!

Jilly thanked Mama Cita
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

Mama Cita, that ending gets me every time!

• graywings123
    last year

I assumed he had permanent eye liner applied. Great actor.

Jilly thanked graywings123
  • LynnNM
    last year

Our DD is so sad, as she loved him in his movies. Soooo, it’s Friday night and we’re now watching Goodfellas. The acting is great, although the violence is not my favorite kind of movie.

Jilly thanked LynnNM
  • l pinkmountain
    last year

I couldn't finish "A Marriage Story" but I hear he was in that one and good performance. It was a good movie, but maybe just too "real life" for me to want to watch it. It was a very realistic look at how two basically decent people can have a marriage that unravels even without some extremely dramatic turn of events. They eventually sort it out in a way that is good for their child, which was nice because IRL that does not always happen.

Jilly thanked l pinkmountain
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    last year

Pink, I totally forgot he was in that! We watched it a couple of months ago, so I guess it was the last movie I saw him in. He was his usual amazing self.

I liked the movie, but not the ending. There were a lot of funny moments, a lot of sad ones, then it just … ended. I was so invested in everyone and think a sequel would be great. Just continue on with their lives, but give me some closure. :)

The acting was wonderful, everyone did a great job. I so love Laura Dern.