Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lincoln97

Aprilneverends

Thinking of you. Missing you. Hoping all is well.

Comments (20)

• bpath
    last year

You have been on my mind, too. I hope you are well.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked bpath
  • Jilly
    last year

❤️

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked Jilly
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    Original Author
    last year

She's on Amy's thread. Posted an hour ago. I had not seen it until just now. So happy to hear anything from april.

• 3katz4me
    last year

So happy to hear from you April. 💙

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked 3katz4me
  • Bestyears
    last year

Yes, so nice to hear from you!

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked Bestyears
  • chinacatpeekin
    last year

Really happy to see you, April!

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked chinacatpeekin
  • salonva
    last year

Very happy to hear from you April. You are most definitely missed.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked salonva
  • OutsidePlaying
    last year

Hello April, nice to hear from you!

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked OutsidePlaying
  • bpath
    last year

Hello, April!

• salonva
    last year

Was thinking of you again - hope to hear from you.(you are missed)

• aprilneverends
    last year

Hi dear salonva and everybody, sorry for the delayed reply. I'm in Israel.

I was hoping this trip will be more "normal", but Mom's cancer is back.

It's the same one she had in 2014, she underwent then a big surgery, chemo, and radiation..it was a very successful treatment(I think the surgeon even wrote an article. about this surgery. ) and the cancer indeed didn't show up until last year. Then Mom didn't tell us it came back, being preoccupied with her other surgeries and very slow rehabilitation. Now she did.

Surgery is to be performed soon , they hope it'll be of a more limited kind, from what they can tell now. I'm naturally very scared and anxious. Brother and family currently abroad, but are to be back right before the surgery.

I'm sorry I always seem to sound like some freaking Fedra lately(not that I remember what exactly she said lol). I'm very embarassed because of that.

I also decided my English is awful, and knowing that my command of all the other languages I presumably know is also awful, doesn't help.

Good things to share: I'm trying all sorts of mental tricks to -no, not to create positive thoughts, but at least to try and put a break, even if a short one, to the ones that are just circling with absolutely no merit to that circling. They really damage my health thus functioning, it's, like, immediate feedback.

I thought: if my thoughts and emotions have such miraculous power, albeit on me only-maybe I can reign it some, and try to stop, or revert, or something. Very small success is noted. Who knows, maybe I'll reach some new heights. For now, I still lost a kilo, and some hair, so the success is not seen to an outside eye)).

Right now we(husband and me..he came with me, but he's already back in CA) managed to catch some virus(not Covid). He has it pretty bad, me..I'm just very tired and feverish. So that's my excuse for t h i s pituful post.

I didn't read here for the past few days, we took Mom for the "pre-surgery day"(wasn't impressed with it, to put it mildly), I hope to be able to catch up whenever I can.

You never cease to amaze me with your kindness.

With love, and always yours.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked aprilneverends
  • Jilly
    last year

Hugs, April. Thinking of you all and hoping your mom’s surgery goes well. ❤️

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked Jilly
  • Springroz
    last year

Lots of hugs!! praying for your dear Mom….and I know your positive energy transition will help!!

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked Springroz
  • jill302
    last year

You and your mom are in my thoughts. Hoping your mom’s surgery and revovery go very well.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked jill302
  • salonva
    last year
    last modified: last year

oh April! Even though it's not the most uplifting post, it's wonderful to hear from you. I'll be thinikng of and praying for a good outcome. Excellent that you are taking some control and trying to curtail the negative.

We are all thinking of you amd your Mom and btw your English is more than fine.

• User
    last year

I am glad you are trying a " trick " to stop the spinning out of control thoughts. I use meditation to help with it. I have flashbacks and I never know when my mind is going to spin off. Night time can be so hard. Sorry to talk about me....I am holding you and your Mom and your dear DH in my thoughts....good ones !!!! Take care. c

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked User
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    Original Author
    last year

April, thank you so much for making the huge effort to update us. You and your family are in my prayers (in my darkest moments, prayer helped me more psychologically than anything else. I asked God for comfort and peace and he provided much. I only mention this because I know you are a believer.)

• bpath
    last year

((((( HUGS )))))

• OutsidePlaying
    last year

April, sending love and hugs to you and your family. You are stronger than you think you are, always. I’m sorry about your mother and hope she will receive good care. She is lucky to have you there. May you find peaceful, calm moments.