Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
salonva

Why would this be? (and maybe you see it?)

salonva
last year

Last night, I thought I replied to the thread about eating disorders. When I checked this morning, it did not show up so I just replied. I thought maybe I had not hit the final submit and didn't think more of it.

I just started a post about a unique Real Estate listing . Is posted, I saw it. Then I looked again, and it is not showing up.

It shows under my activity ( if I click my profile) but if I go go Home Decorating Conversations, it is not there.

Is the real estate listing with the Z a no- no?Interesting

Although I did the topic in home decorating conversations, it just shows as houzz topics. No clue how that happened?

Comments (73)

• dedtired
    last year

Well, so much for that. Both links worked for me, at least for now. Also reminds me why i dont like Redfin. It requires me to turn my ipad to landscape.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year
    last modified: last year

Here's one:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4488-Stoetz-Ln-Sebastopol-CA-95472/15812566_zpid/

Well that looks like it's working.

Thinking glitch or server/browser/device error may be the issue after all...?

Or is it possible for sellers to put a filter on whether a zillow listing can be shared or not? Just brainstorming...

salonva thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    last year

Another crazy thing is that I have not been able to use certain words on a particular medical topic, but others can use the same words.

Same here, but my list of verboten words includes the name of a country which has invaded a neighboring country in Europe.

Plus I could not post something on a thread where two large coffee chains were being discussed. The coffee chain with a Mermaid logo and the one from Berkeley with a very brown logo whose founder's name is similar to Pete's, but spelled a little differetnly. I was writing about the relationship between the two and poof, no-go. Nothing controvertial, nothing heated, no foul language, but I had to resort to posting a screenshot of my comment.

And I still can't post anything saying of linking to Laur%l B%rn, others can.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

Perhaps the words used are just coincidental?

Have you tried recently?

• salonva
    Original Author
    last year

I give up. I just typed a whole reply here and it's not showing up. Am I paranoid? Anyway, I don't know what is going on but I know I am not crazy.

Just for giggles, here is the post I am asking about ( if this posts who knows)

last year

Carol, I just tried all the words, Russians, Vaccination and Laurel Bern, they all worked!

IDK what went wrong with the Starbucks/Peet's post.

Terezosa, You should try the jab word.

Too weird ...

• salonva
    Original Author
    last year

ok well let's try this?Michigan not Minnesota.

• terezosa / terriks
    last year

Can anyone else see my post above?

• dedtired
    last year

Terriks,, not me.

last year

Terezosa, no, you are still on the naughty list. I do not understand this at all.

• bbstx
    last year

@terezosa / terriks, I can’t see it either.

• salonva
    Original Author
    last year

Me too to the nopes. Can't see your comment Terri

• Jilly
    last year

It’s interesting what is banned and what isn’t and I better shut up about it now because I’m probably on a list somewhere. ☠️

• Ally De
    last year

Well I know I'm on the list. 😆 🤷‍♀️

I'm so confused....

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

Still not convinced that this has to do with banned words. The suspected words just don't make sense as anything objectionable.

Our ISP is Spectrum/Bright House and we have cable internet. I'm on an iMac (desktop). Wondering who else has what?

• Jilly
    last year

Carol, I’m using Safari on iPad, cable internet.

last year

How can banned words not be the culprit? ANd of course they are objectionable words on a board which has made a big deal of not wanting political discourse. Plus Bern has written scathingly about Houzz on her blog.

When I have had this problem I could post so long as I avoided those words. There was no lag between when I wrote something which was not allowed through and then moments later when I found a work around.

I use an iPad & a MacBookPro. No idea of what our current ISP is.

last year

I just tried posting the name of The Former Guy, no luck. I am pretty sure that is a global ban over here.

• terezosa / terriks
    last year

I agree with Zalco. I use an Android phone and a windows laptop to post. All of my posts go through except those with particular words.

• Ally De
    last year

Well I know for sure certain words cause my posts to not post too. Take those words out and repost, it goes through instantly.

However occasionally I have no idea why my stuff won't post. I can find nothing remotely objectionable in some cases.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

Perhaps it's an iPad issue?

Hubby's always fighting with his. It has a tendency to drop the wifi connection seemingly randomly

• terezosa / terriks
    last year

Not an iPad issue for me because I don't have one.

When I look at this thread I can see all the posts that I made, even those with forbidden words. But if I view the thread on private browsing where I'm not signed into Houzz I can't see them.

• terezosa / terriks
    last year

This is what I see when I'm logged in.

And this is what I ser when I'm not logged in.

• salonva
    Original Author
    last year

I give up trying to figure this out but for what ti's worth, I am on a chromebook so I guess my browswer is chrome.......and I have Fios. ?

• cawaps
    last year

I'm pretty sure the use of the words "f0r s@le" have gotten a post pulled for review (as in "I saw this home listed f0r s@le"). The post showed up later, so I just assumed it was part of a spam prevention process.

• nicole___
    last year

I just tested it...the last presidents name will keep my post from showing up....wow....

• pricklypearcactus
    last year

One thing I've noticed is that if I look at the forum or posts on my computer web browser, I often see more up to date responses and posts than if I look at it on my phone web browser. I have no idea why. But sometimes I'll be following something on computer during the day and then check back later on my phone and a response that I know I saw (or one I posted myself) isn't showing up on my phone. Very annoying.

• Ally De
    last year

Nicole - yep, for sure that's one of the words. You'll see people using TFG instead. (AKA, the former guy...)

One of my mistakes was using that last name, with a lower "t" - not as a name, but as saying one person was trying to outdo another. Took me a minute to figure out what was so objectionable in that post..... I'm slow sometimes.

• bbstx
    last year

Jinx, got this email but when I followed the “See Comment” link, nothing was there (here).

• Jilly
    last year

Thanks, bb! It’s so odd how some of us can post certain things, and others can’t, and how seemingly innocuous words or links won’t go through.

• honibaker
    last year

@maddielee and @salonva,

I have no trouble following both of your earlier links.

Could it be related to the browser (I use Firefox)?

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

Still thinking it's not verboten words so much as some glitch in the mysterious way computers and websites communicate with each other - or maybe ISP throttling. Cox is one provider with a history of doing that, I know. They got dinged for doing so some years back, not sure if they truly stopped tho.

• salonva
    Original Author
    last year

Wow talk about bizarro world. I have no clue whatsoever. ( as I said, in my limited tech-ese, I am on a google chromebook and chrome browser. I had nothing I can think of in that post that would be the least bit contreversial.

• Ally De
    last year

Carol, one of the moderators here confirmed they have a list of words which will automatically cause a post to not go through.

• maddielee
    last year

^^^^ confirmed to who? Why haven’t we all seen it? Where is this list?

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

@ Ally De - I am aware of that, but from what people are relating, many of these don't seem like the same types of words. Verboten words tend to be swear words and controversial or offensive terms - not real estate websites.

• deegw
    last year

I tried to post on the booster thread about V A E R S. I tried to post multiple times, I could not figure out a way around the forbidden words filter.

• Feathers11
    last year

Dee, I saw a "test" message from you on that thread a few minutes ago, and now it's gone, if that helps clarify anything.

Why would a site that allows us all free access to post, devote any resources to actively monitor our discussions? I know my posts are actively vetted. If someone believes they need to control what I write here, well... knock yourself out.

• terezosa / terriks
    last year

Still thinking it's not verboten words so much as some glitch in the mysterious way computers and websites communicate with each other

Nope, that's not it. Why would it happen only on this site? I have the same problem regardless of the device, browser or network that I'm on.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

How many other sites do you use that are like this one, and use exactly the same type of platform? I have no idea about the details of how this site is configured or hosted, and I suspect many others don't too. Houzz is the only discussion board I use that's formatted like this.

Thinking of all the other glitches with this site over the years - I've never experienced them anywhere else either.

• Jilly
    last year

I can declassify Houzz trigger words just by thinking it.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

😄

Had to think about that for a moment...

• Lars
    last year

Have you followed the lawsuit against Zw by VTH? I don't think it has affected Zw, other than having forced them to pay a settlement.

• terezosa / terriks
    last year

I can declassify Houzz trigger words just by thinking it.

😂😂😂

• Ally De
    last year

Jinx.....I don't get it. What can I say, sometimes I am the village idiot! 😆

• Jilly
    last year

Ally, I can’t say, I’d get in trouble. 😁

(News reference this week.)

• maire_cate
    last year

Ally - don't feel bad, I didn't get the reference either even with the news reference hint.

• Jilly
    last year

Well, there was an interview this week and someone I won’t name said they could declassify (govt) documents ”even by thinking about it”.

So I tried it here to see if it works. :D

• Ally De
    last year

Oooo, now I gotcha. And I'm laughing. Thank you for 'splaining it to me.

• Jilly
    last year

I’ve been cracking super corny jokes and puns all week, ask my DH. 😆