Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eld6161

As requested (deegw). Me in the dress…..now on to the handbag

eld6161
last year
last modified: last year

The dress has very thin silver stripes running through it.

The material is unusual for Tommy Bahama.

The last time I wore these sandals, i wore a navy dress. i used a navy clutch with

silver detail. i think I need and style, but what?

Comments (41)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

You look great!

Are you wedded (haha) to the shoes and looking for a bag? Or asking about both?

eld6161 thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • Funkyart
    last year

Looks great! I love the color on you.

Going to have to think about a bag ...

eld6161 thanked Funkyart
  • eld6161
    Original Author
    last year

Mtn, unfortunately I have difficulty with shoes. These are super comfortable. And although I would prefer no t strap, it is what it is. Also DD advised no heels, for navigational purpses.

• maddielee
    last year

Very pretty.

What will you need to carry in your bag, besides some tissues?

eld6161 thanked maddielee
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    last year

Frankie clutch Anthropologie

You look beautiful! Great dress! Sorry for the bad screenshot.....

eld6161 thanked Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Also DD advised no heels, for navigational purposes.

LOL. So you feel the navy clutch is too dark?

I would do an upscale straw clutch with white or silver detailing.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

more, all NM... first 2 are my faves

• deegw
    last year

Yay! The dress looks great. Thanks for indulging my nosiness :)

eld6161 thanked deegw
  • happy2b…gw
    last year

Everything about this dress flatters you. I love how the folds softly drape.

eld6161 thanked happy2b…gw
  • eld6161
    Original Author
    last year

Maddie, cell phone, lipstick lipstick, tissues, small brush

• 3katz4me
    last year

Love the dress and I think the shoes look nice too!

eld6161 thanked 3katz4me
  • OutsidePlaying
    last year

The dress looks great on you and the shoes will work. Do they slip off easily? For walking in the sand, I can understand being without shoes, but I would want shoes for anything else. I’m no help with bags but you have good suggestions already. I think navy would be too dark tho.

eld6161 thanked OutsidePlaying
  • Jilly
    last year

It looks perfect on you!

eld6161 thanked Jilly
  • amykath
    last year

That is a lovely dress and on you it is even lovelier! You have one of this nice tall lean figures that can pull off so many outfits.

I like Mnt's idea of the straw clutches. The first two that are her faves are mine as well. I particularly like the first without handles.

eld6161 thanked amykath
  • czarinalex
    last year

You look great! Those shoes look good with the dress. For a beach wedding, a straw clutch would be appropriate.

eld6161 thanked czarinalex
  • bbstx
    last year

Are you going to be carrying flowers? Sometimes MOB/G carry little nosegays. If so, that would preclude a clutch for me. Too many things to juggle.

eld6161 thanked bbstx
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    last year

Yes to an upscale embroidered straw clutch! And yes, no heels if it's on the beach. Without knowing the exact venue though, it's hard to tell how all this will play out. Are you going to be in a dressy lounge area in a resort also?

eld6161 thanked Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
  • eld6161 thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • maddielee
    last year

Disclaimer: I love straw bags, but not for night.

Is it an evening wedding? If so, I would go for a small silver or crystal bag. Maybe a clutch with a thin shoulder strap that you can use or not.

Or something like,

eld6161 thanked maddielee
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Hmm, interesting point; but I think a very shiny silver bag might look too formal for the dress?

That's a pretty bag, Maddie.

PS y'all will be glad to know I am not looking anymore because it is too expensive to "help"!

• nicole___
    last year

Your beautiful!

The purse: I'd match the shoes. In "this" case it would be a rich look to do so.

eld6161 thanked nicole___
  • dedtired
    last year

You look lovely in that dress. The sandals are nice but something in a dark blue might look good. Also a pedicure in a beachy color. Will you be walking down the aisle with the bridal,party? I have a heck of a time with shoes, too.

eld6161 thanked dedtired
  • Funkyart
    last year

Hey, I didn't even help and it is getting expensive for me .. love the Kayu bags (I landed on a tote!)

I don't know that an evening bag and lots of sparkle work for a beach wedding -- but I am not completely sold on a straw bag. The straw with silver embroidery strikes a really nice balance-- beachy and elegant.

eld6161 thanked Funkyart
  • blfenton
    last year

The dress is a great choice for a beach wedding and it looks beautiful on you. Perfect length and the draping is so pretty.

eld6161 thanked blfenton
  • Yayagal
    last year

The navy clutch with silver is a fine fit.

eld6161 thanked Yayagal
  • Feathers11
    last year

I love the dress! Beautiful pattern. You look wonderful!

eld6161 thanked Feathers11
  • Kswl
    last year

The dress is grest and you make it look even better! All the handbags suggested are adorable!

eld6161 thanked Kswl
  • DLM2000-GW
    last year

I can't even dress and accessorize myself let alone someone else but I just wanted to say the dress is lovely and looks wonderful on you.

eld6161 thanked DLM2000-GW
  • Irish2
    last year

YOU look great in the dress! I have no suggestions for bag other than agree on a straw clutch would work considering it is a beach wedding.

eld6161 thanked Irish2
  • eld6161
    Original Author
    last year

So happy everyone likes the dress!

Ded, DD and fiance are planning everything. I’ll be surprised if the ceremony goes traditional. I'm fine whatever they decide.

• jojoco
    last year

You look beautiful. Not to minimize your efforts, but the right dress found you. (And could everyone stop posting such gorgeous bags??? I am finding it hard to stay focused on Eld!)

eld6161 thanked jojoco
  • gsciencechick
    last year

Very nice in the dress! I like a lot of these bag suggestions, especially maddilee and 1929Spanish listings.

eld6161 thanked gsciencechick
  • User
    last year

You look fantastic! Wow, heads are gonna turn! 😍

eld6161 thanked User
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

Looking good!

And the fabric pattern reminds me a bit of oyster shells.

I do think a wristlet bag in silver - &/or pearl - would be perfect.

eld6161 thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • salonva
    last year

Eld, you look absolutely wonderful in that dress. It's so right.

I read through this thread to see all the suggestions for handbag, and most are not what I would have thought of, but the more I looked the more I liked these suggestions.

To my surprise, I really like

1 the Rodo straw clutch

2 Kelsey clutch ( the 2nd link from Mtn)

3- The blue Berno Poppies embroidered.

For my daughter's wedding, I had a navy dress, navy and silver wedge sandals ( comfort and walkable) and I had a white floral beaded clutch that my mother had bought in France. The sentimental part made it a no brainer. The Blue Berno reminds me of that sort of.

I think there is not a bad option in this thread.

eld6161 thanked salonva
  • arkansas girl
    last year

Very cute! Looks so much better on than hanging on the hanger. Love this way more than the blush color first attempted! I wouldn't be surprised if you could find the perfect purse at a thrift shop. Most people just use these type bags once and then never again.

eld6161 thanked arkansas girl
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Most people just use these type bags once and then never again.

Exactly, that's why I suggested here (and in another thread on weddings) to try the online vendors. I have had good luck w/ The RealReal and Tradesy. Plus so much variety!

• georgiasugarplum
    last year

Such a pretty dress! I think I would either use the navy / silver clutch that you already have, or a small silver clutch or wristlet like this

eld6161 thanked georgiasugarplum
  • Arapaho-Rd
    last year

You look great in that dress, eld! Very pretty, looks comfortable and perfect for a beach wedding. I totally get feet and trouble with shoes. I'd love to see that 1st straw/silver clutch from NM photoshopped w your dress/sandals!

eld6161 thanked Arapaho-Rd
  • petalique
    last year

Eld, I love that dress on you. You look lovely and ready to just walk out your door to the beach wedding. I like your sandals, and what a bonus that they are comfortable.

I like Spanish’s bead bag and the georgiasugarplum one.

You have great looking arms and shoulders, btw.

eld6161 thanked petalique