Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_9597447

Guidelines on how to sell et and hang a mirror above the bed?

Cheryl Ratliff
last year
last modified: last year

I would like to hang something above my bed. on the recommendation of my interiior designer no flowers. i have framed photos on the opposite wall. no other mirrors are in the room. there are amole mirrors in our master bath. i like the idea of a mirror. the headboard is upholestered with nailheads. the room design is traditional. i like clean lines.

Comments (4)

• kandrewspa
    last year

A mirror is an unusual choice for something to hang over your bed. It's not usable there. I have one over my wide dresser. IMO there is no such thing as too much art in any room, so just because you already have some on another wall doesn't mean you can't have something over your bed. Since the other pictures are photos, why not art over the bed? If you want more specific advice, post a picture of the room. But if you already have a designer, what is their recommendation? Here are some pictures of what others have done so you can see that some people use multiples and the size of what you do can depend on the ceiling height, bed style, etc.

Primary Bedroom · More Info

Warm Transitional Apartment Home · More Info

Lake Sue Custom · More Info

The Korina {Bali-Cali Fusion} · More Info

Columbia Dream Home 2014 · More Info

Cheryl Ratliff thanked kandrewspa
  • PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    last year

Agree with the above. Find some nice artwork. Use cleat style hangers so make sure the picture stays secure.

SOMA Condo · More Info

Cheryl Ratliff thanked Sabrina Alfin Interiors
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last year

I would like to see the space before commenting. I do agree a mirror would not be ideal

Cheryl Ratliff thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • Cheryl Ratliff
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you for your recommendations. you give me ”permission” to add more artwork. the pictures are particularly helpful. i will add a picture. can i ourchase one of the pictures i particularly like?