Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emily_mohn54

How much would this bother you?

Mrs Moon
last year
last modified: last year

We’ve shopped at multiple stores trying to find matches, this is the closest we could get! Every door had a different tone, so frustrating. What can we do to get these to match? They’re brand new, super heavy and were a nightmare to install (husband said they’re staying put lol) is there a treatment of some kind I can put on one to get it to match? Or is it that big of a deal?

Comments (9)

• elcieg
    last year

You did a good job matching the stains. Consider changing the door knob on all the interior single doors with an eye catcher knob. Doing that will give the single door its own character.

• Mrs Moon
    Original Author
    last year

We actually bought all new doors and knobs (black), the new doors will be paneled like these. There will be more modern black pulls on these doors. Will that help?

• Mrs Moon
    Original Author
    last year

That right bifold is throwing me off. My mom said it looks fine, my cousin said “please change it” (I asked for opinions) How much would it bother you?

• Mrs Moon
    Original Author
    last year

Different lighting and with pulls

• Rho Dodendron
    last year

It's WOOD subject to variations and grains. Looks great to me.

• kculbers
    last year

I looks wonderful! The beauty of real wood is the uniqueness in the graining. If you want every wood door to look the same, then paint is your answer.

• Olychick
    last year

Depending on the light source, the wood will change color over time and likely mellow out to be more even. I have brand new custom closet doors and one of the door's grain is much different than the other two. It kind of bugs me (or did at first) but I know as they age a bit (and as I age a bit) it's not going to be that big of a deal. It would bother me more in furniture.

• salonva
    last year

Depending on the lighting, it seems to really vary in your photos. To be honest, I 'm not certain I would have thought about it if I wasn't looking for it. I can see in the first photo that it's somewhat different but I thought it was the shadowing or lighting.

I think I agree with those who say it's wood and it's fine.

Enjoy and now your husband can relax because it's done!

• Sister Sunnie
    last year

It would bother me. drive me nuts would see it every time i was in that room. But thats me and i notice and honestly obsess over chit like that. however normally no one else notices and i can say from experience you stop noticing after a while wood grains will mellow blend and change colors slighlty with time and exposure…… can you give it some time and see how you feel? only thing i can think of (and ive done it) is to wipe the lighter door with olde english polish/scratch finish in a darker color, maybe try walnut it looks really dark but as long as the doors have a sealant they wont absorb much of the oil

it may even the color out a bit

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths