Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_918119203

Soap dispenser?

HU-918119203
last year

Debating whether to get a built-in dish soap dispenser in my kitchen reno. I had one in my old kitchen and never used it, instead keeping the bottle on the counter in a nice holder and using a nice glass dispenser. But maybe in my brand new kitchen I'll be inspired to use this? It kind of just seems like one more thing to collect gunk and to keep clean/polished, one more thing to purchase, one more hole to drill in the stone, etc. Thoughts?

Comments (19)

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    last year

I'm a big fan of soap dispensers. Bottles/mats trap soap and water and that will damage nearly every stone and estone. Wouldn't be so bad, but we're creatures of habit and put the dang thing back in the same place again and again.

• Connecticut Yankeeeee
    last year

I’d probably do a built in for my next home. I’ve had both, inherited from previous owners. Both get gunky to some degree. But I think the built in is the lesser of 2 evils.

• ffpalms
    last year
    last modified: last year

I really like a built-in dispenser paired with an extension tube kit. It’s a nice clean look around the sink, and a big bottle of dish soap under the sink lasts a very long time.

• Kendrah
    last year

I've had two built in pumps in my last two kitchens and I love both of them. Neither have gotten gunky and both are easy to clean. I wonder if some models are better than others? Mone have been rather streamlined without a lot of nooks and crannies to get gunky.

• Beatrix
    last year

I like every surface as uncluttered as possible so I don't like bottles or holders left out. Much prefer the look of a built in dispenser, and I don't find it gets gunky at all. The only slightly annoying thing is if you over-fill it on accident then you have a mess

• HU-918119203
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks all! Hadn't thought about storing dish soap in the sink. I have used a ceramic dish to hold a sponge/scrubber and was fine with how that looked sitting on the counter. I actually prefer the look of a nice hand soap to a built-in dispenser, so wouldn't ever use it for that. But dish soap is larger and less pretty.

• lharpie
    last year

Love having built in rather than a bottle. i’m in CA so swapped out for air gap after inspection so i was stuck with something there either way…

• ptreckel
    last year

I decant my dish soap into a small squeeze container. And place it next to my faucet. Practical, accessible, no fussing with having to refill a bottle under the sink. Functional.

• sierra90
    last year

We have built in and paired with tube extension. Haven’t thought about refilling in quite awhile. Area stays clean and neat, I can’t stand “clutter”.

• lucky998877
    last year

I also have 2 of the built-ins with tube going into a large container under my sink, zero problems after 2.5 years. Rarely need to refill...but to get it to work initially, be prepared for about 60 pumps ;)

• kculbers
    last year

When I had my kitchen renovated, I had a built in soap dispenser put in, as it came with my Kohler faucet. I never have used the soap dispenser; maybe I will now. I have my Palmolive soap bottle on my counter.

• Paul NY 5b-6a
    last year

When I had one, I liked it. Refilling is not much of an issue for me, because I buy dish detergent in bulk and refill a bottle anyway.

• theresa21
    last year
    last modified: last year

I buy bulk-size detergent to fill a small no-label plastic squeeze bottle with a push-pull cap. The sqeeze bottle sits on the sink grates in the bottom of the sink--not on the countertop. I rarely close the push-pull cap. I did not want a built-in soap dispenser that I would have to clean around. And I prefer bringing the soap to whatever it is I want to get soapy, rather than bringing the item to a stationary soap dispenser.

• Barrheadlass
    last year

I had a Never MT and it constantly wouldnt work. i gave up and keep dish detergent in a nice bottle.

• stiley
    last year

We use ours for hand soap and keep the dish soap under the sink. We have a tip-out tray to hold sponges and a brush. I love not having things on the counter. I made sure to get a dispenser that could be filled from the top, but the fabricator put the hole in a spot where there’s not enough space to unscrew the dispenser, so we have to fill it from the bottom. Doh. Not a problem now because I send my son under there, but I’ll look into the tube kit.

• vinmarks
    last year

Built in with NeverMt. We have had one in 2 houses and never had a problem with them. We use the big bottles of Dawn dish detergent. We have been in our current house 5 1/2 years and have only changed the bottle at our cleanup sink once so far. Still haven’t needed to switch out the bottle in our prep sink.

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    last year

I have a built-in hand soap dispenser. Occasionally have to clean up some gunk that builds up on the dispenser pump, but that's same as any other soap dispenser. No gunk on the countertop because the pump is positioned to overhang every so slightly into the sink. I keep my dishwashing liquid in a small silicone bottle right in the sink.

• hbeing
    12 months ago

i bought a crystal and silver dispenser at RH outlet store years ago. excellent quality, very stable. wish i could find another.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!