Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lawrence_royce

Adding Decor to my Bedroom Furniture

EastCoast Designz
11 months ago

I bought this set from bobs because it looked good for the price. I want to add a rug, curtains, and some wall art. Let me know if you also think a bench or poufs would look good at the bottom of the bed. I am not able to paint the walls. Also I would like to but do not have to go with a modern coastal desgin as I am by the beach. I attached a pic of how I styled this bedroom set in my old room but I want to go more modern since now I don't have to work around beige walls and carpet.

Comments (19)

• tracefloyd
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

With the gray furniture, white with either soft greens or soft blues. Only a few decor items needed for a serene coastal feel.

You have room for an ottoman or chair and definitely need somewhere to sit other than the bed. There is room for framed art over the tall dresser and something pretty on the small dresser to reflect in the mirror.

Here are some inspo pics. Let your room look like these...

Seagull Two Project · More Info

Cotswold new old House · More Info

Meadowbrook Project · More Info

Ballenisles Guest Suite after · More Info

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    11 months ago

Poufs or settee, or bench would definitely fit and look nice in your bedroom. I feel a little busy in the left corner with plant.

• tracefloyd
    11 months ago

All the storage pieces do feel crammed to one end of the room. Will the headboard fit in the space with the tall dresser in the corner?

Then the nightstand can be under the big window and the two dressers on the wall where the mirror is now.

A nice large ottoman and your plant can be under the big window. Add a dressing mirror to the left of the window as a dressing area.

Here are concept renderings, not to scale, I did not measure, so you'l have to see if they work.

• EastCoast Designz
    Original Author
    11 months ago

@tracefloyd the Headboard will not fit where the chest is so that is not an option. I actually tired your second layout you suggested where the bed and long dresser with the mirror are switched. That layout actually felt even more cluttered because when you walk in the door the bed is right there. The night stand couldn't fit next to the door so it had to be placed between the bed and long dresser which also looked really cramped.

• EastCoast Designz
    Original Author
    11 months ago

@Amanda Smith I have tried multiple room layouts and this is the only one that works. Although the beautiful windows provide sunlight and water views, it makes the room harder to furnish. I definitely agree with moving the plant. Should I put it Infront of the window to the left of the chest or should I put it by the closet door.

• EastCoast Designz
    Original Author
    11 months ago

@Celery. Visualization, Rendering images do you have a suggestion of poufs of benches that would look good with this desgin? What is your opinion on a waterfall bench with two poufs that slide out from underneath to create a functional conversation pit.

• nelliebean
    11 months ago

Glad you clarified the room layouts. I was going to suggest putting the bed across from the window but since it doesn't work that's out. Do you still have your chair? If you do I would put it in front of the window with it's back to the cupboard door with the plant beside it. I would also use your painting from your old bedroom above the bed.

• tracefloyd
    11 months ago

Can you remove a dresser from the room or put one in the closet? Why do you need a conversation pit in a bedroom? You just need a chair or bench or someplace to sit other than the bed. Decide where your chair/ottoman is then place the plant.

• EastCoast Designz
    Original Author
    11 months ago

@tracefloyd I can't get rid of any dresser or put it in the closet. I have too many clothes. I was thinking about putting a waterfall bench at the end of the bed with two poufs that slide out from underneath to create a conversation pit. Similar to this photo

• EastCoast Designz
    Original Author
    11 months ago

@tracefloyd or would a loveseat or armchairs look better at the end of the bed. I want to fill the space at the end of the bed because there's so much depth in that part of the room

• Amanda Smith
    11 months ago

I don’t see any need for a conversation pit or poufs in a bedroom. I would look for a nice bench to put there.

• EastCoast Designz
    Original Author
    11 months ago

@Amanda Smith The conversation pit would be practical for me because when I play guitar I usually play with another person and my room is a good quiet spot for me

• Amanda Smith
    11 months ago

I like this look. Would this work for you?

• Amanda Smith
    11 months ago

Or this?:

• EastCoast Designz
    Original Author
    11 months ago

@Amanda Smith The red is too traditional I have a very contemporary home

• Amanda Smith
    11 months ago

Just giving you an idea of 2 chairs and an ottoman at the foot of the bed.

• mary44
    11 months ago

following

• EastCoast Designz
    Original Author
    11 months ago

@Amanda Smith I really love that idea but unfortunately the room look too cramped. I tried it with some armchairs from my living room and that layout made the room feel really really small