Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kamkam09

do impact glass sliding doors with integrated blinds exist?

K A
11 months ago

I am in south florida and want to replace all my window’s with impact glass. I also want integrated blinds. Do these exist? Are sliding doors with these qualities available?

Comments (10)

• PRO
    Fenstermann LLC
    11 months ago

Look into Pella if this is what you really want. But also research the cons for this type of blinds inside a window (between the glass).

K A thanked Fenstermann LLC
  • millworkman
    11 months ago

" But also research the cons for this type of blinds inside a window "

More importantly the cons of anything Pella......................

K A thanked millworkman
  • K A
    Original Author
    11 months ago

Ive gotten the drift that Pella arent the way to go. Which brand would be for impact glass? Id like aluminum.

• K A
    Original Author
    11 months ago

Growing up we had integrated blinds. Never had issues. Are they really so bad?

• millworkman
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

The issue is serviceability, what if they stop working, the cord breaks, etc., etc. They cannot be replaced without changing the complete IGU at a cost of $6-700 dollars. There is a reason the higher end window companies do not produce units with the integral blinds.

K A thanked millworkman
  • K A
    Original Author
    11 months ago

Ahhhhh okay. Currently I have a three section bamboo blind over a 144” slider. its tall enough that no one hits their head. its just they are heavy and little pieces have broken off. The cords are very long and get tangled. I like that they are top down bottom up. From what ive read maybe vertical cellular shades are good? i just dont like the look. Dont like plantations either or uv film. I have a strong southern exposure so i cant do nothing. back to the drawing board.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    11 months ago

Wouldn't do it. Just too many working parts. Guessing in Florida you have a block wall house?

K A thanked Windows on Washington Ltd
  • K A
    Original Author
    11 months ago

Luckily my house has poured concrete walls. its built like a bunker.

• K A
    Original Author
    11 months ago

I have aluminum windows and id like to stay with aluminum. which brands should i look at for impact, no blinds.