Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janice_crofoot

World' smallest bathroom

Janice Crofoot
11 months ago

I have no space at the sink for makeup, etc. Also thinking of frameless enclosure for tub or tub to shower conversion. Any ideas for this space?

Comments (9)

• eld6161
    11 months ago

I prefer glass doors in a small bathroom. So, yes yo frameless.

• Janice Crofoot
    Original Author
    11 months ago

Thank you. Reason I have hesitated is the dark grout they put with the white tike. Kind of a jailhouse look to me!

• eld6161
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

No, not at all!

You will have a towel holder and can put pretty towels on it.

• eld6161
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

I do white, but you get the idea.

Do you have a towel rack on the wall?

This is a guest bath.

• cgistaro
    11 months ago

To address the issue of no counter space for make up, you could do a mirrored medicine cabinet like this https://www.robern.com/products/medicine-cabinets/pl-portray-cabinets/24-wide/p2c2430d4fpba/ It's mirrored inside and out so you can see yourself when the door is open and your makeup is on the shelves.

Or you could go with mirror all the way across/behind the toilet and add a glass, narrow shelf all the way across just above the faucet height. Mirror/glass installers can do this for you when they put in your frameless glass for the tub/shower. If you go with mirror all the way across, I suggest you change the light fixture to have two sconces inserted into the glass mirror. If you take the mirror all the way to the ceiling it will really open up the space visually, but you will need to move the fan thing on the wall to the ceiling.

And finally, switching out the vanity for one that has drawers (like the one pictured from eld6161 would allow you to store makeup where it is more easily reachable (top two drawers). You can just leave the drawer open when putting on your makeup. The vanity change would certainly be the easiest and least expensive option.

Good luck!

• Janice Crofoot
    Original Author
    11 months ago

Love the mirror!  Drawers would help so I'll look for a new one. Great ideas. Thank you.

• artemis78
    11 months ago

If you switch the vanity (or even if you don’t!) you can also do a top with a smaller sink, which will give you more counter space on the sides. This looks like a 5’x8’ bathroom, or close to it—that’s a pretty standard size if so and the layout you already have is generally considered the most efficient from what I’ve read (ours is similarly sized) so I’m not sure you’d gain much by converting the tub to a shower. Sliding glass doors could give you a different look, though. You can also measure how much space the toilet has now—30” is the minimum so if you have 36” and counter is the priority, you could potentially take it down to 30” and give the space to the vanity. But that’s a huge expense for a very minimal gain—I’d be more inclined to look at adding a recessed medicine cabinet or shelves over the toilet as a much less costly way to add storage and flat surfaces.

• blueskysunnyday
    11 months ago

I would add an Elfa door rack from the Container Store to the back of the door. My daughter has the same bathroom and that has worked well for her.

• Janice Crofoot
    Original Author
    11 months ago

I didn't realize that. Sounds very expensive!