Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goodiesforus

Better look for clawfoot tub feet -white or silver metallic?

goodiesforus
11 months ago

The white clawfoot tub in the apartment I rent out has rusted feet. I am going to clean and paint the feet but do not know what color should I choose. My bathtub is white inside and out, the bathtub fixtures - tub faucet and shower rod are old gold color, and rest of the bathroom is white with chrome fixtures.

I was told that clawfoot bathtubs are trendy now. Is there a particular look and color that is trendy? What color feet for the bath tub will help elevate the look of this bathroom. I am hoping someone who has dealt with similar dilemma can share some advice or pictures with me.

Comments (4)

• acm
    11 months ago

I mean, trendiness isn't really the way to decide this -- looking on this site, I can see brass, black, nickel, etc. I'd match the fixtures in the tub.

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    11 months ago

All old cast iron tubs have painted feet, it was what was available at the time. Chrome seems way too contemporary. When I’ve had tubs I’ve painted the outside and accent color and the feet gloss white to match the rim and interior. Just personal taste.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

You have a lot of finishes already in the space so at most pick one of those for the feet but I would just do a good metal paint in white gloss

• Maureen
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

White might be the safest, but you can easily change if it makes the white tub look yellowed or grey.