Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sapnak22

Best Kitchen/Appliance Layout?

sapna k
10 months ago

Hello!

Trying to finalize the kitchen space and wanted to make sure appliances were in the best spots as well as the most efficient layout. Potentially thinking to put a 24" fridge only in kitchen with freezer in pantry to save on some space. Also, should fridge be on wall closest to pantry? Looking to do a 36" range and large sink. Garage is to the left of the kitchen. Any ideas, thoughts would be appreciated as we have overthought it. .

Thank you!

Comments (9)

• anj_p
    10 months ago

I would say your pantry isn't big enough for a freezer.

I would widen your aisles and reduce your island by 6" apiece. Unless you are getting a built in fridge, the space is way too tight.

Your DW should be on the other side of your sink.

Your fridge is fine where it is. Check the length of the walls to make sure you have enough room to open the doors.

• mcarroll16
    10 months ago

Ditto to everything anj_p said. That's a really functional layout, except for DW placement and narrow aisles. I think narrow all-fridge plus pantry freezer is a smart choice, assuming pantry is large enough. Another option might be a drawer freezer in the pantry, for ice cream and small amounts of ice, and a larger freezer in your garage.

• M Miller
    10 months ago

I would never sacrifice fridge width for a 36” range. A 36” range’s oven is cavernous and takes a long time to heat up. You won’t fill it with what you are baking or broiling. You will need a 36-42” hood, and the added expense of that size of hood. A wider hood also takes up space you could have otherwise used for upper cabinets. Get a 30” range instead and a wider fridge.

• cheri127
    10 months ago

It looks like you have room to move the island further away from the fridge so it's not so tight there. You could also make it a few inches narrower and it would still function just fine. All you need the counter space next to the fridge for is draining clean dishes and a landing spot. I don't think you need more space there so I don't see why you can't do a fridge/freezer. You have plenty of prep space between the fridge and range plus the island. The only problem I see is that your aisles are tight.

• sapna k
    Original Author
    10 months ago

Thank you for all your comments! will revisit island size placement, fridge and range size.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    10 months ago

IMO a walkin pantry is useless unless it can somehow be inside the work area of a kitchen and that happens rarely. I would do a fridge/ freezer in the main kitchen . Post a to scale plan of the kitchen with nothing in it but show all measurements >IMO if you do not have space for a proper fr/ fr you for sure do not have space for a 36" range IMO. Sqft are not meaurements BTW and this is not a kitchen design with all cabinet sizes and types marked

• PRO
    RappArchitecture
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago

There is more than enough info here to provide a useful response. I would consider putting the fridge at the pantry end, then the sink on the left and the range along the bottom wall. This follows the usual flow in a kitchen from food storage to prep to cooking. A wall oven where the fridge is shown now might also make sense, freeing up the space under the cooktop for more pots and pans storage. I would also widen the aisles to 4'-0".

• cpartist
    10 months ago

Agree with Rapp.

• sapna k
    Original Author
    10 months ago

thank you all!

@RappArchitecture thank you! just wasn't sure it it was good option with it being 11' long, but I think that may be the best option.