Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tracy_zeppenfeld

HELP ! I'm loosing sleep - Cabinet colors I'm so confused

Tracy Zeppenfeld
8 months ago

Thanks in advance for your time and comments on this and my previous posts. I'm looking to use iron Ore and and a stain Villa Grige on white oak wooden cabinet . See picture below. I have a panel ready refriderator in the main kitchen as well as 2 dishwasher. (main and pantry)

It has been suggested that I paint my upper cabinets Iron Ore, and stain the kitchen island, all lower cabinets and I could either way, paint or stain the refrigerator panels. My draw pulls will be a champagne Bronze as well as my faucetts. I'm happy with my builders color choices and design suggestion on my home as well as other builds she as done; they all look beautifully. Additionally, It was suggested that I could paint my interior doors Iron ore also. Wall color is SW Drift of Mist, trim is possibily SW Snowbound. All exterior windows and doors are black.

Comments suggestions recommendsations are welcome and appriciated.

This is a better reflection of the floor tile as it is on the concrete slab in the

Both pictues are of the floor tile and the cabinet stain and paint color - tile is a grayish brown (poor lighting)

full kitchen

left side of main kitchen - panel ready refrigerator

right side of main kitchen

Pantry (mini) kitchen

Kitchen Island

Floor Pland

Comments (8)

• acm
    8 months ago

Well, it would be striking! For sure, I'd want a very light counter to keep the whole space from becoming too dark.

What exactly do you want us to do with all those plans? That's a lot bigger question...

• Tracy Zeppenfeld
    Original Author
    8 months ago

I provided the kitchen floor plans so you you have an understanding of the kitchen layout - what part of the kitchen would be painted what color. the Granite color is White Peaarl - creamy color with beige line and thin gray. it is very light and thre are 2 large windows facing west

• texmax13
    8 months ago
    last modified: 8 months ago

When doing contrasting upper and lower cabinets, I prefer lighter uppers because it helps draw the eye up. So if it were me these would be my considerations: black lowers with oak uppers with either option on island, all black cabinets with oak island, or all oak cabinets with black island.

I also worry that Snowbound doesn’t offer enough contrast with Drift of Mist.

Tracy Zeppenfeld thanked texmax13
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    8 months ago

Where is the kitchen designer for the gigantic kitchen? .........

"I'm happy with my builders color choices and design suggestion on my home as well as other builds she as done"

Why are you crowd sourcing opinion?

For what it is worth? All oak on the cabinets, upper and lower - black on the island. I don't love an upper lower split in color or stain. ......and it usually results in a finish fight with cabinet hardware, as one will always look best on of the finishes and rarely great on BOTH colors. As in.......champagne bronze will look prettier on black, than it will on OAK.

If you must split it? Black lowers /oak uppers and please skip !!! the panel on the fridge and let it be stainless exposed. Same style hardware, and use matte black and champagne.

Oak on the island with matte black hardware.

Paint on walls? That is something you test on site, in your own light. I wouldn't pick it online.

The best way to decide is to take the most visible kitchen wall in an elevated drawing, and get yourself some colored pencils.....: )

Tracy Zeppenfeld thanked JAN MOYER
  • sarojax
    8 months ago

JAN MOYER: in a similar vein of white oak & black: i have something like a U shaped kitchen with pantries on one wall, cabinets (lower only mostly, divides kitchen from a family room) on the opposite side, and stove + few cabinets in the center arm, with large spacious island in the middle of U. with black island what would you think about black for full-height pantry also with everything else in white oak for this kitchen layout? one designer thought pantry should be oak, other thought black would be fine. i'm worried all oak on 3 sides of U and black only on island would be too much oak.

Tracy Zeppenfeld - i'm no pro like Jan but just visually from what i've seen, i agree with her about not mixing top/bottom colors.

Tracy Zeppenfeld thanked sarojax
  • sarojax
    8 months ago

when it comes down to it tracy - do what will make you (not your builder or folks on houzz) happy :)

• chispa
    8 months ago

Is this a Kosher kitchen? It would explain some of the layout and duplicate appliances.